Any church-at-home experience to report?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Reuben

Re: Any church-at-home experience to report?

Post by Reuben » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:22 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Even as a believer, I would have scoffed at any sort of "parental unit" trying to hijack mine and my family's religious holiday.
Are all of these people doing it happily and voluntarily or would many of them just as soon switch off the webcam and get on with their Sunday? I guess it's unthinkable (except for brave, brave Sir Reuben) to just say, "no thanks, we'll just do it our way."
Yes, I bravely ran away, away.

It's not possible to know whether anyone else wants to do it, because nobody would say so if they didn't. But I suspect they mostly do. Or they feel like they should want to do it, which looks the same from the outside.

I have one BIL who could talk FIL into changes in a way that wouldn't result in FIL saying some passive-aggressive guilt-trippy thing and then sulking until everyone gives in. If anybody else tried, they would probably not soften the request enough, resulting in something like "I thought it would be a good idea to get the family together for something spiritual, but I guess nobody wanted that." Nobody has called him on this kind of BS for decades.

I expect BIL to request changes within a couple of months.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.