Special Session NOMference!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

Re: Special Session NOMference!!!

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Stole this from EXPII
historicunforgetable.png
historicunforgetable.png (194.63 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 pm

blazerb wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 pm
What is the plan for addressing 20+% unemployment when we finally beat this illness?
SELF-RELIANCE.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Mormorrisey wrote:
blazerb wrote:
What is the plan for addressing 20+% unemployment when we finally beat this illness?
SELF-RELIANCE.
"pay tithing"

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Okay...what the hell even was that session?

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:48 pm

MoPag wrote:
Stole this from EXPII
historicunforgetable.png
:lol:

Nelson got everyone an ice cream sandwich.

Stanley: This isn’t the big surprise, is it? Because we’ve been having a pretty horrible day.
Michael: Uh, nope. Nope. This isn’t the surprise. It’s surprising, um… because you didn’t expect it. But you will… you’ll know it when you see it.

Angela: What about the surprise?
Michael: Oh… Yes. Exactly. Thank you Angela, for reminding me. Terrific. Um, before I tell everybody what the big surprise is, would you like to tell me what you think the big surprise is?
Stanley: We all think you don’t have a surprise.
Michael: All right, I have some news for you. There is a big surprise. And… here it is. Here we go. And the big surprise is… Brrrrrrrr! Drum roll… Brrrrrrrr! Brrrrrrrr!
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:49 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 pm
Historic?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Reuben wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:49 pm
MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 pm
Historic?
I mean... guess so... :? :roll: :lol:

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:55 pm

Joseph - 23
Jesus - 5
Rusty - 11
General Authorites - 5

The Gong Show - Nice story to start about the girl and her violin. +10 for talking about Psalm Sunday, -10 brown nosing Rusty, -10 Joseph Worship

Nelson's Child Bride - -20 magic blessings don't cure depression or anxiety. -20 leadership worship. Keep telling yourself that patriarchal blessings aren't fortune telling kiddo.

Enzo - -100 for saying that boys are more important than any women. -20 for Joseph worship. +10 for enunciation

Sister Bingham - -100 for teaching women have set roles. -20 for believing that womens' organizations should be set up by men. -20 for Rusty worship. In other news Oaks loved this talk.

Crying Eyring - Meh, giant nothing burger.

Oaks. - I need to talk about the same thing as the last three speakers because I have more to add...mostly about semantics. +10 for not gay bashing.

Rusty - I will talk about semantics too, and MY favorite topic...the name of the church. See it isn't Joseph Smith's church even though we have talked about him more than Jesus. See, I can prove it...here is a cool little logo that I designed that has Jesus in it. I am the prophet of God on the earth today and while 600+ people died in New York today alone, the thing that we should really worry about is that we use the right name of the church. Then God can bless us. I could have announced $1,000,000,000.00 to fight this thing, but I won't. Instead we will just starve ourselves for two more meals and see if that does anything.

-lost

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:28 pm

I wonder how many times Bertel Thorvaldsen (thanks, Google! Sorry, autocorrect!) has had his temple work done.

alas

Post by alas » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:48 pm

My husband didn’t even turn it on. Yay! Tender mercies!

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:01 pm

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:55 pm
Joseph - 23
Jesus - 5
Rusty - 11
General Authorites - 5

The Gong Show - Nice story to start about the girl and her violin. +10 for talking about Psalm Sunday, -10 brown nosing Rusty, -10 Joseph Worship

Nelson's Child Bride - -20 magic blessings don't cure depression or anxiety. -20 leadership worship. Keep telling yourself that patriarchal blessings aren't fortune telling kiddo.

Enzo - -100 for saying that boys are more important than any women. -20 for Joseph worship. +10 for enunciation

Sister Bingham - -100 for teaching women have set roles. -20 for believing that womens' organizations should be set up by men. -20 for Rusty worship. In other news Oaks loved this talk.

Crying Eyring - Meh, giant nothing burger.

Oaks. - I need to talk about the same thing as the last three speakers because I have more to add...mostly about semantics. +10 for not gay bashing.

Rusty - I will talk about semantics too, and MY favorite topic...the name of the church. See it isn't Joseph Smith's church even though we have talked about him more than Jesus. See, I can prove it...here is a cool little logo that I designed that has Jesus in it. I am the prophet of God on the earth today and while 600+ people died in New York today alone, the thing that we should really worry about is that we use the right name of the church. Then God can bless us. I could have announced $1,000,000,000.00 to fight this thing, but I won't. Instead we will just starve ourselves for two more meals and see if that does anything.

-lost
Thank You for the summary. I spent time with family instead of watching this. Sounds like i made the right choice.
~2bizE

græy

Post by græy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 am

I think I forgot to post my final count yesterday....

JC: 28
JS: 14
N: 19
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:14 am

Gong +25
Sister Kaouk and Brother Petelo- I've decided not to judge these kids. They are just kids and the Church is using them like pawns. They seem like sweet, smart kids. Hopeful they will find their way out one day.
Bingham -245
Eyring -25
Oaks -1,050
Rusty -110

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:23 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:14 am

Sister Kaouk and Brother Petelo- I've decided not to judge these kids. They are just kids and the Church is using them like pawns. They seem like sweet, smart kids. Hopeful they will find their way out one day.
I would be interested to see whether they are both fully in after 10-15 years. Statistically speaking, they won't both be.