Spring 2020 NOMference stats!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

Spring 2020 NOMference stats!!!

Post by MoPag » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:36 am

So here is the break down for the most "historically" stupid GC ever.

Holland +680
Causse +122
Renlund +110

Rasband (not that Rasband) +80
Cordon +25
Rusty (Saturday Morning) +15
Geminez 0
Christofferson 0
Nelson (Sunday Afternoon) 0
Tai 0
Holmes -9
McCuen -20
Ballard -25
Anderson -39.75
DFU -75
Jones -100
Stevenson -225
David Pickles Bednar -250

Cook -880
Soares -985
Oaks (Sunday Afternoon) -1,310
Eyring -10,030
Rasband (Kevin) -10,365
Rusty -1,000,000,625

Clayton -124 Billion

A couple surprises...
Holland took top place this year and while his talk was not without its problems; he really gave us some good content for Christ centered, progressive talks and lessons. And for that we thank him. Rusty made it to the positive side for the first time I think. This was because he actually admitted he didn't see COVID 19 coming.

On the other end of the scale we have Clayton. And wow was his talk was a sh!tshow, but it was especially insulting and abusive that he would give that talk now. We are in the middle of a global pandemic and most people are being hit financially. A few months ago we found out that the church has over $124 Billion in funds they were supposed to use for charity, but um...didn't. And this f--cker stands up and gives a "let your family starve so you can pay tithing" talk. For that, I rounded his points to -124 Billion.

My personal favorite thing about this GC was Bonnie Cordon using a recycled talk. Now I know I'm reading way more into this than is really there but...I love thinking about her receiving the assignment to be one of the few females to speak at this "most historic conference" by some a-hole condescending GA. And instead of pondering and praying and researching and trying write a talk that fits in with their JS/BOM worship, she's like F this. And she gives a recycled talk, and not just any recycled talk, but a talk where she tells about making L. Tom Perry fall into an irrigation ditch. :lol: I'm choosing to believe this was her way for giving this "historic" GC the finger. And dear Sister Cordon, we here at NOM join you in giving this historical train wreck the finger.
Last edited by MoPag on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Re: Spring 2020 NOMference stats!!!

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm

This clearly shows the bias for Dieter.

He calls people leaving the church cry babies and still walks away with -75?

Other than that I think it’s an accurate assessment!

I’m suggesting we now call this “The Mopag Report”! 8-)
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 pm
He calls people leaving the church cry babies and still walks away with -75?
The weird thing for me was that Dieter's accusations didn't really bother me much. I just wrote it off as the dumbass kind of thing that he knew he had to say to demonstrate to the boss that there's no danger of him ever taking his balls back. He has sold his soul to the corporation for life and I guess he's going to try to make the best of it and try to please everyone. Sigh. He got fired from the godhood for a reason and he's trying to undo the damage from the people who judge him every day for it. If you think members of your family are hard to get along with, imagine having to work and play well with Oaks and Bednar.

If you can manage to slice out that stinky piece of brown nosing, the rest of his talk was one of the few moments of conference that actually seemed to have a positive and caring message, rather than just another the church is really, really, really true advertisement.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:27 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:58 pm
He got fired from the godhood for a reason...
Yeah, but the reason was to make room for the unholy triune. In the past Uchtdorf had some good things to say. Unfortunately, that loving God stuff was out of step with the rest of the Brethren.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 am

Mopag, thank you for sitting through & entertaining us for the worst gen con ever.
And you missed my -100,000,000 (100 M) points for Rusty! A prophet who speaks to God and Jesus daily gets up during the worst time our country has been through since the Great Depression & Spanish Flu. And w/ 124B in stocks and another 100B in real estate, offers ZERO financial help and desperately needed supplies to front line responders, communities with needy families, food banks, buildings for hospitals, etc etc etc etc. Nope. And no words of comfort and hope, inspiration either. Just the same BS, dont say mormon and here’s a new logo, and a conference full of JS worship. (I admit I didn’t watch Russ, so I’m prob not qualified to judge ;) )
From Sunday am session:
So- I am giving who I consider to be the single biggest, most self centered ASSHOLE in the universe -100,000,000 points for the continued charade of parading around as Jesus’ prophet of Jesus’ church with billions and billions and billions, and doing NOTHING except trying to promote said sham of a “church.” ROT IN HELL RUSS.

græy

Post by græy » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:14 am

Thanks for doing this MoPag!

My EQ lesson plan for the next 6 months will be a breeze thanks to you. Fingers crossed that we don't actually have to go back any time soon, though!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:21 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 am
Mopag, thank you for sitting through & entertaining us for the worst gen con ever.
And you missed my -100,000,000 (100 M) points for Rusty! A prophet who speaks to God and Jesus daily gets up during the worst time our country has been through since the Great Depression & Spanish Flu. And w/ 124B in stocks and another 100B in real estate, offers ZERO financial help and desperately needed supplies to front line responders, communities with needy families, food banks, buildings for hospitals, etc etc etc etc. Nope. And no words of comfort and hope, inspiration either. Just the same BS, dont say mormon and here’s a new logo, and a conference full of JS worship. (I admit I didn’t watch Russ, so I’m prob not qualified to judge ;) )
From Sunday am session:
So- I am giving who I consider to be the single biggest, most self centered ASSHOLE in the universe -100,000,000 points for the continued charade of parading around as Jesus’ prophet of Jesus’ church with billions and billions and billions, and doing NOTHING except trying to promote said sham of a “church.” ROT IN HELL RUSS.
Sorry love! I'll fix it! :D
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:17 am

StarbucksMom wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:21 am
From Sunday am session:
Here here Starbuck!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:24 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:21 am
[quote=StarbucksMom post_id=72766 time=<a href="tel:1586539262">1586539262</a> user_id=178]
From Sunday am session:
Sorry love! I'll fix it! :D
[/quote] Thank you MoPag, none of us could survive conference weekend without you.