Jesus would like to know about your recent underwear purchase!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Re: Jesus would like to know about your recent underwear purchase!

Post by 2bizE » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:18 pm

RR, good thing your wife has an average bust. Some women receiving the survey had it specify “less that average bust or the sure sign of the bust in a small hand”. That could really be deflating for some woman. I wonder if they have a survey for men. Probably not, but the garments they make for men are not really comfortable. If they had a survey for men, I would comment, “The arms on the men’s top go to below my elbow, making it awkward to wear a shirt sleeve shirt. Please make the top into a tank top. For the bottom, please contract with Duluth Trading and have them make their Buck Naked underwear in white and add the little mark thingy on the right leg.”
Last edited by 2bizE on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~2bizE

JustHangingOn@57

Post by JustHangingOn@57 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Sorry if this is slightly tangential, but I noticed a couple of things about my new garments (~4 months old). First is that the sacred symbols are less obvious. In my old garments, the symbols are clearly there because they are thickly stitched. In my new pair, I thought at first that I had defective garments because it was an effort to find the symbols. I dont know if this more nuanced symbology is intentional or simply a cost saving change. Also, my new garments are Made in China. I didn't notice this before, so maybe they always have been? I chuckle at this because my 80+ FIL, who only buys American, (but in practice doesn't have a clue what that means) would have a conniption if he ever accidentally discovered this disturbing truth.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:23 pm

JustHangingOn@57 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm
I chuckle at this because my 80+ FIL, who only buys American, (but in practice doesn't have a clue what that means) would have a conniption if he ever accidentally discovered this disturbing truth.
Sorry, Dad, but descendants of Chairman Mao's Red Brigade did, in fact, create your sacred temple garments. You can buy anything in this world with money, after all.

It's too bad there are no spaces for comments in the questionnaire. I wonder how much LDS leadership knows about the deep seated animosity towards garments in mixed-faith marriages.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:20 pm

JustHangingOn@57 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm
Sorry if this is slightly tangential, but I noticed a couple of things about my new garments (~4 months old). First is that the sacred symbols are less obvious. In my old garments, the symbols are clearly there because they are thickly stitched. In my new pair, I thought at first that I had defective garments because it was an effort to find the symbols. I dont know if this more nuanced symbology is intentional or simply a cost saving change. Also, my new garments are Made in China. I didn't notice this before, so maybe they always have been? I chuckle at this because my 80+ FIL, who only buys American, (but in practice doesn't have a clue what that means) would have a conniption if he ever accidentally discovered this disturbing truth.
They revamped them about 2 years ago if I recall correctly. The symbols are screen printed now rather than stitched embroidery. They also moved production to China opening a path to the recently announced Shanghai Temple. It’s not a religious house of worship. It’s an funny underwear factory*.

*Participants are washed and annointed before trying on the funny underwear.
Just This Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 am
Is there any questions on this survey asking about the price point? Do whey want to know if people fine them a good value for the cost or are they confident in their monopoly and will not attempt o improve what members get for their money?
Price is one of the items to rate but as with the others The scale is between “a very serious problem” and “not a problem at all”. Seems 10% of your income would be a very serious problem.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 pm

græy wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:08 am
Under "Have you noticed any of the following problems..." Why do they not have an option for, "Soul crushingly oppressive. It irritates my skin and I feel like it is trying to choke my spirit to death. I want to cry every time I am forced to put it on in order to maintain relationships with family, friends, and co-workers."?
:lol: