New Information on Lori Vallow case.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Random

Re: New Information on Lori Vallow case.

Post by Random » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:01 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:29 pm
Yeah, I won't ever be able to warp my head around how they were able to kill the kids, and then run off to Hawaii for a wedding/honeymoon.
Only a bona fide sociopath and/or psychopath could do that, I'm sure.

Of course, as far as pinning it on god: Lori thinks that Jesus will be back next month to free the from prison and vindicate them. Is it the 20th?

I wonder what Lori and Chad will have to say when that doesn't happen.
I thought it was around the 15th, but don't recall exactly. I've wondered if they/she expect to be "rescued" from jail at that time by the prophesied upheaval. And when it doesn't happen? History shows me it won't stop the delusions.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Random

Post by Random » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:11 pm

It's official.
“The remains were taken to the medical examiner’s office where an autopsy and positive identification was performed. It is with heavy hearts that we now confirm that those remains have now been officially identified as those of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan,” Rexburg Police Assistant Chief Gary Hagen said in a news release.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/w ... -property/
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:37 pm

So sad for those kids. :( I can't imagine their lives were easy before this, either.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 am

Public Service Announcement: If reports are correct, according to at least one of the Daybells, Jesus will "be back" tomorrow: July 22, 2020.

Everyone please keep your eyes open, and Return and Report™ if/when you see Jesus tomorrow.

Otherwise, I'll check in here on July 23, 2020.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:28 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:48 am
Public Service Announcement: If reports are correct, according to at least one of the Daybells, Jesus will "be back" tomorrow: July 22, 2020.

Everyone please keep your eyes open, and Return and Report™ if/when you see Jesus tomorrow.

He comes to mow my lawn every Wednesday around 2 PM. I’ll let him know you were looking for him.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:27 pm

I hope he has time to drop in on the COB and clean house!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:28 pm
wtfluff wrote:

He comes to mow my lawn every Wednesday around 2 PM. I’ll let him know you were looking for him.

Welp. No Jesus sightings in my vicinity. Did you give him the memo Red?

I was kind of looking forward to being vaporized with all of my "unrighteous" friends... :?

I wonder if Lori will turn on Chad now, or will Chad turn on Lori? Or are they just going to attempt to pin it all on Lori's dead brother?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:02 am

I'm reminded of an old saying that may not even apply here: "Good people will do good things and bad people will do evil things. But religion can make good people do evil things and/or bad people do good things." :cry:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:33 am

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 am
Welp. No Jesus sightings in my vicinity...
No man knoweth the hour. He could be waiting until after rush hour.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 am

wtfluff wrote:
I wonder if Lori will turn on Chad now, or will Chad turn on Lori? Or are they just going to attempt to pin it all on Lori's dead brother?
I’ll vote for dead brother or an insanity plea.

I still can’t understand how two people veer so far off the path of normal behavior to the point of killing children and moving to Hawaii as if nothing happened. I just can’t understand how kooky they became together. It’s like individually they were looney, but together they were 10X crazy.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:33 am
wtfluff wrote:
Well... Unfortunately for Chad, the 24 hours for his prediction have come and gone. It isn't July 22nd anywhere on this planet any more. I guess the voices in Chad's head could be telling him that they meant July 22nd on some other planet?

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:41 am
wtfluff wrote:
I’ll vote for dead brother or an insanity plea.

I still can’t understand how two people veer so far off the path of normal behavior to the point of killing children and moving to Hawaii as if nothing happened. I just can’t understand how kooky they became together. It’s like individually they were looney, but together they were 10X crazy.
Yeah, I don't think most normal, rational humans could ever understand what it takes to go there. Unfortunately, we have a few books of "scripture" that justify this type of stuff, which sadly seems to make it easier for these type of people to justify killing other humans.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

græy

Post by græy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:33 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 am
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:33 am
wtfluff wrote:
Well... Unfortunately for Chad, the 24 hours for his prediction have come and gone. It isn't July 22nd anywhere on this planet any more. I guess the voices in Chad's head could be telling him that they meant July 22nd on some other planet?

Just pull a JW and reinterpret the meaning of "Jesus coming back." Do you see all the conflict and strife in the world? That is because Jesus has come back and set to work beginning the beginning of the end of the end. or, something.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Random

Post by Random » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:52 pm

wtfluff wrote:

I missed it. :(

PK

Random

Post by Random » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:28 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Jesus will "be back" tomorrow: July 22, 2020.

I had a . . . what would you call him? My ex's stepson - who was named Jesus. (Hay soos, for anyone not knowing the correct pronunciation.)
Last edited by Random on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:56 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Well... Unfortunately for Chad, the 24 hours for his prediction have come and gone.

I thought Lori made the prediction ?

PK

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Random wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:56 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Well... Unfortunately for Chad, the 24 hours for his prediction have come and gone.

I thought Lori made the prediction ?
The ~30 seconds of "research" I participated in came up with Chad as the original "predictor."

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:08 pm

I went into the mountains to fly fish and spend the last few days on Earth doing what I love most. I was so happy and relieved to find out Jesus didn’t come while I was gone. :D
~2bizE

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:48 am

2bizE wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:08 pm
I went into the mountains to fly fish and spend the last few days on Earth doing what I love most. I was so happy and relieved to find out Jesus didn’t come while I was gone. :D
There could be benefits:
Attachments
t-l-tell-you-what-this-means-norm-ho-size-restrictions-34994949.png
t-l-tell-you-what-this-means-norm-ho-size-restrictions-34994949.png (202.19 KiB) Viewed 8894 times

Random

Post by Random » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:14 pm
The ~30 seconds of "research" I participated in came up with Chad as the original "predictor."
30 seconds. :lol: :lol:

PK