New Information on Lori Vallow case.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

New Information on Lori Vallow case.

Post by deacon blues » Sun May 03, 2020 11:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWLhg54OJM More about the details of this totally weird case. :o :roll:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

blazerb

Re: New Information on Lori Vallow case.

Post by blazerb » Sun May 03, 2020 11:52 am

I keep trying to figure out what's going on, but this is so bizarre. 2D's and 4.1L's. Good heck. If I knew any of these people personally, I'd be terrified. It sounds like it's going toward Ervil LeBaron's or the Lafferty's type of classification.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Julie Rowe calls Chad Daybell a cult leader. That's some black pots and kettles there.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:52 pm
Julie Rowe calls Chad Daybell a cult leader. That's some black pots and kettles there.
I think Julie is upset that Chad may have stolen her thunder. Isn't she the one who started this version of the doomsday cult started by the original doomsday cult?

MalcolmVillager

Post by MalcolmVillager » Tue May 05, 2020 6:50 am

We watched the latest dateline last night. So bizarre! This is a slow train wreck that will not end well. There is no way the kids are alive.

Random

Post by Random » Sun May 10, 2020 1:17 pm

MalcolmVillager wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:50 am
There is no way the kids are alive.
I agree with that.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 am

I realize there are multiple threads related to this subject. This is the newest one, so...

Anyone following the case who hasn't seen the latest from yesterday. :(

https://news.yahoo.com/human-remains-fo ... 07973.html
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am

Ironically when you Google Chad’s home address the red google location pin lands right where they were digging. Google knows everything!

I’m extremely disappointed they keep referring them as dooms day cult leaders and not Mormons/LDS. Like where do you think they got their ideas from?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am
I’m extremely disappointed they keep referring them as dooms day cult leaders and not Mormons/LDS. Like where do you think they got their ideas from?
Mormonism seems to be a particularly rich environment for spinning off dangerous cults. For all the manipulative harm and intimidation associated with Scientology how often do you hear of self-proclaimed Scientologists prophets starting their own factions that end up murdering people in the best interest of their "church?"
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Random

Post by Random » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 am
I realize there are multiple threads related to this subject. This is the newest one, so...

I saw that the latest said that the human remains were those of JJ and Tylee.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Random wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 am

I saw that the latest said that the human remains were those of JJ and Tylee.
Some of the "families" (grandparents and other relatives) have said that the remains are JJ and Tylee, but the "Authorities" have not yet verified.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:27 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm
Some of the "families" (grandparents and other relatives) have said that the remains are JJ and Tylee, but the "Authorities" have not yet verified.
I went back to the news sources and you are right. But if the families are convinced the two human remains are the children, I am prone to think it is because they were told it is so.

PK

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Random wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:27 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:23 pm
I went back to the news sources and you are right. But if the families are convinced the two human remains are the children, I am prone to think it is because they were told it is so.
Oh, I''m not doubting you Random. The families claim it was the "authorities" who told them it was JJ and Tylee. The prosecuting attorney said the remains were children in Chad's initial appearance before the judge. There's not much doubt in my mind who was buried in Chad's back yard.

My initial reply about the families is just the budding skeptic in me having to state the facts out loud.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm

The reports I read stated that the authorities had indeed confirmed only to the families that the bodies where the children. The bodies are being autopsied, dna tested, and analyzed for forensic evidence. That may take a while to get all the results back, but they were still able to confirm the identities to the families.
Question: what kind of criminal buried people they murdered in their back yard? Like they wouldn’t eventually be discovered???
My bet is that Vallow and Daybell will try to pin the crime on Lori’s dead brother. It was him, they will say...
~2bizE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am

I think they will pin it on God.

God told them to kill the children. The bible and Book of Mormon have plenty of examples.

I can’t get over the fact these people could go to hawaii and act like it’s just another day at the beach. How do you journey from being a child yourself to killing your children?

Religious fanaticism is clearly a factor.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:00 pm

2bizE wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Question: what kind of criminal buried people they murdered in their back yard?
From what I've read it's not that uncommon. It seems like you'd have to be a bonafide psychopath to be comfortable enough to do that without eventually succumbing to Telltale Heart Syndrome.*

*not an actual medical condition

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Sometimes with the Church, you can get cute things such as the little tykes put up on the podium to bear their whispered testimony of the Church: "Chuuch is twuu, name Jesus. Amen."

Sometimes you get the abominably odd and repellant, such as the serials murders by Vallow and Daybell, whose victims they claim needed to receive blood atonement in order to rid them of their zombie status.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am

God told them to kill the children. The bible and Book of Mormon have plenty of examples.

I can’t get over the fact these people could go to hawaii and act like it’s just another day at the beach. How do you journey from being a child yourself to killing your children?

Religious fanaticism is clearly a factor.
Yeah, I won't ever be able to warp my head around how they were able to kill the kids, and then run off to Hawaii for a wedding/honeymoon.

Of course, as far as pinning it on god: Lori thinks that Jesus will be back next month to free the from prison and vindicate them. Is it the 20th?

I wonder what Lori and Chad will have to say when that doesn't happen. The rest of us just aren't righteous enough?

And I just have to say this: People who claim to talk to ghosts, angels, demons, dead people, and / or gods, or who claim they are gods are dangerous.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:49 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:29 pm

And I just have to say this: People who claim to talk to ghosts, angels, demons, dead people, and / or gods, or who claim they are gods are dangerous.
This reminds me of a conversation I had when I first realized I really don't believe in any kind of god anymore.

Family member: But what if Jesus came to you today and told you that he was real?

Me: I'd drive right over to the psych ward at the hospital and get a neuropsych referral because i'd be hallucinating.

I think plenty of people do think they talk to god or dead people or whatever in benign ways, but religious fanaticism can certainly take some rough turns.

Random

Post by Random » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:57 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:03 pm
My initial reply about the families is just the budding skeptic in me having to state the facts out loud.
Gotcha. Good practice.

2bizE wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Question: what kind of criminal buried people they murdered in their back yard? Like they wouldn’t eventually be discovered???
My understanding is that Chad was planning to buy a trailer and put it over where the children were buried. I suppose he thought that would keep them safe from discovery.

Red Ryder wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am
It might only be a rumor, but I heard that Lori thought she was God. (Maybe it was in the divorce papers Charles initially filed, then withdrew.)

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:00 pm
It seems like you'd have to be a bonafide psychopath to be comfortable enough to do that without eventually succumbing to Telltale Heart Syndrome.*
I totally agree.

PK