LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2728
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by wtfluff » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm

COJCOLd$-Inc. withdraws community/rezoning plans:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50007804/la ... -community
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by 2bizE » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:27 pm

After it was reported by Fox News that Stake Presidents we’re trying to place unnecessary influence on the members, I’m happy the church did the right thing.
~2bizE

Thoughtful
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by Thoughtful » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm
COJCOLd$-Inc. withdraws community/rezoning plans:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50007804/la ... -community
And instead they want to annex the temple lot area into Tooele, instead of rezoning Erda. More than one way to skin a cat.

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by 2bizE » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm
COJCOLd$-Inc. withdraws community/rezoning plans:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50007804/la ... -community
And instead they want to annex the temple lot area into Tooele, instead of rezoning Erda. More than one way to skin a cat.
So the part about avoiding discord in the community was just a lie by the FP?
~2bizE

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2728
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by wtfluff » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm
COJCOLd$-Inc. withdraws community/rezoning plans:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50007804/la ... -community
And instead they want to annex the temple lot area into Tooele, instead of rezoning Erda. More than one way to skin a cat.
Interesting. Is there any publicly available documentation regarding said annexation?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

Thoughtful
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by Thoughtful » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm
Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm
COJCOLd$-Inc. withdraws community/rezoning plans:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50007804/la ... -community
And instead they want to annex the temple lot area into Tooele, instead of rezoning Erda. More than one way to skin a cat.
Interesting. Is there any publicly available documentation regarding said annexation?
Petition to annex is mentioned at the end of this:
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/8/14 ... day-saints

My friends in Erda have maps on their private walls and a screen shot from Tooelecity.org, I haven't been able to find the exact page they capped.

Contact who is an elected official told me off record the vote will be likely slipped in quietly in Sept.

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by 2bizE » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Thoughtful wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:28 pm
Thoughtful wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm


And instead they want to annex the temple lot area into Tooele, instead of rezoning Erda. More than one way to skin a cat.
Interesting. Is there any publicly available documentation regarding said annexation?
Petition to annex is mentioned at the end of this:
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/8/14 ... day-saints

My friends in Erda have maps on their private walls and a screen shot from Tooelecity.org, I haven't been able to find the exact page they capped.

Contact who is an elected official told me off record the vote will be likely slipped in quietly in Sept.
Gotta love the last two paragraphs

“For example, a petition has been filed to annex 1,100 acres of unincorporated Erda into Tooele City. Those acres including the 167-acre temple and neighborhood property.

Brent Bateman, an attorney for Durham Jones and Pinegar, said he filed the petition for annexation on behalf of his clients. The church is not involved in any effort to annex the land.“
~2bizE

Wonderment
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by Wonderment » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 am

Brent Bateman, an attorney for Durham Jones and Pinegar, said he filed the petition for annexation on behalf of his clients. The church is not involved in any effort to annex the land.“
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Is this an example of "lying for the Lord" ?

Really unbelievable :roll: :roll: Or, maybe the lack of ethics is completely believable. :roll:

Reuben
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: LDS Church proposes new community near future Tooele Valley Temple

Post by Reuben » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:29 am

Wonderment wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 am
Brent Bateman, an attorney for Durham Jones and Pinegar, said he filed the petition for annexation on behalf of his clients. The church is not involved in any effort to annex the land.“
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Is this an example of "lying for the Lord" ?

Really unbelievable :roll: :roll: Or, maybe the lack of ethics is completely believable. :roll:
I have no problem believing it wasn't a directive from Salt Lake. But was it presented and approved? I would like to know if lawyer filing the petition like this without their client's consent is likely or typical.
You were born to trust, not fear. It is your birthright.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests