Horrifying Initiatory Story on Reddit

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Palerider

Re: Horrifying Initiatory Story on Reddit

Post by Palerider » Thu May 14, 2020 11:48 am

deacon blues wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:06 am
http://www.sidneyrigdon.com/dbroadhu/IL/sign1846.htm This is a reference to a site called "Uncle Dale's Early Mormon readings that confirms what you found, Rider. What a tangled web....... :roll:
Thanks Deacon! I remembered the Uncle Dale's website. I've used it numerous times before but couldn't remember how to get back to that particular reference without going through a bunch of reading. I'm getting to old for this stuff. ;)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm

I went through in 2002 while we were still naked under the shield.

When we did the initiatory, I remember how close he got to touching my junk and just being horrified. Every last bit of my testimony in this church shattered that day - it was an experience that 18 years ago I still feel sick thinking about - replying here I have that sick feeling in my stomach.

I would say he was half an inch from touching me there? And they did that like rubbing of the oil in... I was in such shock as it happened and I just remember looking around and hoping someone would say something.

We went with my in-laws so I was stuck - there was no escape, and they kept smiling at me the whole way. I'll never forget that after going through the temple, the first thing that I hear is my mother in law walking up to me with this beaming smile saying "Wasn't that wonderful."

I was screaming internally and dying inside as I nodded back.

I should have run out of that temple that day and told my wife I want no part of that church. I try not to call the church a cult, but the temple is 100% a cult experience.

So I completely believe that people were taken advantage of - how in the hell would that not happen?

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu May 14, 2020 3:35 pm

My Initiatory experience wasn't awful - but it wasn't comfortable either. I got to deal with the naked-under-the-poncho creepiness, but that was actually something that my parents "warned" me about, so it wasn't a complete surprise. I never went back and did proxy Initiatory's.

Now... Togas, "fig" leaves, baker's hats, veils, symbolic throat-slitting and disemboweling? My parents didn't bother to warn me about that sh!t, because of course: All that is COMPLETELY NORMAL! (Yes, this paragraph is SARCASM... Just in case.)

I did go back and do the "endowment" over, and over, and over... To figure out all the super-secret symbolism, you know? Sadly, it didn't work. I guess it's a good thing that I'm not good enough at lying to myself to make up "learning something new every time" when attending plagiarized Masonic cult ceremonies that practically no-one on the inside understands anything about.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 am

As far as molestation accusations from the temple, the thing that surprises me is that this is not more common.

Sexual abuse of kids is rampant in Mormonism. Every few months some new case surfaces where someone in a leadership position is arrested for messing with kids. The whole system is prime grooming territory.

If you wonder if it can happen in the temple, you need look nor further than Richard "B" Berchard. He was an ordnance worker for 7 years in the Vegas temple, this is long after he repeatedly abducted a 12-year-old girl to marry her, and had sexual relationships with BOTH of her parent. If someone as messed up as he was can be made a temple worker, it is garrenteed that other bad people are as well.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri May 15, 2020 3:08 pm

When I did my initiatory, I remember we the guy start rubbing oil on my head and then working his way down. I was so terrified he was going touch my junk... I was so relieved he didn’t.
~2bizE

Random

Post by Random » Wed May 20, 2020 3:53 pm

I was endowed in 1980, but even though it was creepy to be running around pretty much naked ("what are they actually going to do to me?" type of thing), it ended up not as bad as I feared. I've done initiatory many many times and the women never touched further in than the front of my side ("loins") and just under my clavicle ("breast"). I just took it as a matter of course. After all, doctors and nurses touch you where you don't want to be touched and were a helluva lot more invasive than the women in the temple.

Now, the symbolic suicide/death threats freaked the crap out of me and I became afraid that God was going to kill me in a horrid way if I stepped out of line on purpose (or maybe even accidentally). I was so so so glad when they cut that part out.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat May 30, 2020 8:01 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 am
As far as molestation accusations from the temple, the thing that surprises me is that this is not more common.

Sexual abuse of kids is rampant in Mormonism. Every few months some new case surfaces where someone in a leadership position is arrested for messing with kids. The whole system is prime grooming territory.

If you wonder if it can happen in the temple, you need look nor further than Richard "B" Berchard. He was an ordnance worker for 7 years in the Vegas temple, this is long after he repeatedly abducted a 12-year-old girl to marry her, and had sexual relationships with BOTH of her parent. If someone as messed up as he was can be made a temple worker, it is garrenteed that other bad people are as well.
Latter day lesbian just did a podcast with Jan Broberg who was the girl Berchtold kidnapped.