lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
User avatar
jfro18
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 pm

lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by jfro18 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:18 pm

My wife just got a call that the stake president in our area is telling all families to shelter inside tonight - do not even go out on the yards, because he was told (I don't know if this is via revelation or by local authorities) that there would be riots tonight.

Now to be fair you could make this comment almost anywhere in the country because the rioting/looting has spread and here in Illinois it has been happening at local malls, but we're in the suburbs where there's just not much around us to loot unless people are going door to door.

DW could tell how unimpressed I was by this call, and when I told her of course I plan on walking the dogs tonight.

If there are riots in the suburbs tonight, I'm sure they will tell stories of this prophecy for generations to come.

Thoughtful
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by Thoughtful » Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:18 pm
My wife just got a call that the stake president in our area is telling all families to shelter inside tonight - do not even go out on the yards, because he was told (I don't know if this is via revelation or by local authorities) that there would be riots tonight.

Now to be fair you could make this comment almost anywhere in the country because the rioting/looting has spread and here in Illinois it has been happening at local malls, but we're in the suburbs where there's just not much around us to loot unless people are going door to door.

DW could tell how unimpressed I was by this call, and when I told her of course I plan on walking the dogs tonight.

If there are riots in the suburbs tonight, I'm sure they will tell stories of this prophecy for generations to come.
Its so weird. But I'm glad you are safe and away from it.

User avatar
jfro18
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:15 am

There were no riots in our stake area as far as I know of, and definitely nothing in people's lawns.

I asked my wife where he got the info and she hesitated and then shrugged, so I have a feeling the call was to tell members of the stake he had a revelation or impression.

And if so, that's just ridiculous... there has been looting of some stores here in the suburbs, but no violence to speak of and certainly nothing in residential homes, so shame on this SP for calling every family in the stake to tell them to not even go in their front lawn last night.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3158
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:26 am

When I saw Out of control Salt Lake Police officer viciously throws an elderly man with a cane down on the street, I realized we all need to be careful. Best to have no contact with the police until they can get themselves under proper control. The police have been given a lethal set of weapons that they have been shooting the news media with. They are simply not prepared to do anything but make a shambles and display bad behavior. It would be best if their wives and mother could come get them and take them home.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/12 ... 4821206016
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Not Buying It
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:45 am

Like the Church he represents, he seems remarkably unconcerned that not all of God's children receive justice and equity. After all, why are people protesting? The Church doesn't seem to care much. But hey, we got a cool picture of Elder Nelson vaccuming.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

User avatar
Not Buying It
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by Not Buying It » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:26 am
When I saw Out of control Salt Lake Police officer viciously throws an elderly man with a cane down on the street, I realized we all need to be careful. Best to have no contact with the police until they can get themselves under proper control. The police have been given a lethal set of weapons that they have been shooting the news media with. They are simply not prepared to do anything but make a shambles and display bad behavior. It would be best if their wives and mother could come get them and take them home.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/12 ... 4821206016
That was disgusting. I appreciate police who protect us, but that doesn't mean we should look the other way when they shove elderly men around - or when they murder black men on camera. Calling out police brutality doesn't make us ungrateful, it makes us good citizens.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by MoPag » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:37 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:18 pm
My wife just got a call that the stake president in our area is telling all families to shelter inside tonight - do not even go out on the yards, because he was told (I don't know if this is via revelation or by local authorities) that there would be riots tonight.
I'm sure this was after he called the maybe 2? Black members in the stake to check on them as their community grieves another murder. And I bet he assured the Black members that their stake and ward family would be there to support them in any way possible. And I be he said that Rusty (um I mean the Lord through Rusty) was gonna say something really great and comforting sometime soon. Right??? He called them too right?????
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Many of the police from the suburbs were called in to assist SLC police. State police were sent to some of the suburbs and towns to cover.
~2bizE


User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3158
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
Yeah, this crazy guy tells lies as badly as Trump. Thank goodness he was stopped before he killed someone. He was able to discharge one arrow before he was stopped. Not sure why he is not in jail. I suppose he will join Cliven and Ammon Bundy on the Southern Mormon lecture circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKYiKY ... e=youtu.be
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 4469
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:41 pm
Yeah, this crazy guy tells lies as badly as Trump.
He is clearly unwounded when he gets out of his car with the bow. In one interview he says "two black African Americans" reached through the window of his car to beat him on the head. In the other video it was "a Jew."

It's interesting that the Fox News interview doesn't mention that he was waving a huge knife around and shooting arrows into the crowd. They treat him like the poor unfortunate victim.

The next Congressional Medal of Honor?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2643
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
Dear, Dear Lakshmi.

Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?

Seriously.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by alas » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:57 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
Dear, Dear Lakshmi.

Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?

Seriously.
Why didn’t *he* insist on putting on clothing before they interviewed him? I think his sitting there in his underwear is part of his statement. It has to be. But what the hell is he trying say by it. It will offend any real Mormons, and make him a laughing stock to the rest of the world. My only guess is that he wanted his religion known. Kind of like “accidentally handing the cop your temple recommend when he asks for your driver’s license. But it just makes him look crazy.

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2643
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:33 pm

alas wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:57 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
Dear, Dear Lakshmi.

Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?

Seriously.
Why didn’t *he* insist on putting on clothing before they interviewed him? I think his sitting there in his underwear is part of his statement. It has to be. But what the hell is he trying say by it. It will offend any real Mormons, and make him a laughing stock to the rest of the world. My only guess is that he wanted his religion known. Kind of like “accidentally handing the cop your temple recommend when he asks for your driver’s license. But it just makes him look crazy.
Well... If he "needed" to prove his tie to MORmONism, his picture of Joe Smith, and his mention of the "Words of Wisdom" would have been enough virtue signaling to let "good" MORmONs figure out he's "part of the tribe" and look down on him for his swearing, and body art. As far as him "looking crazy..." Well, yeah, this makes his craziness look even worse than it already did. That's the first thing I though of when I initially saw the video of him pulling his "bow and arrow" out - that guy has got a few screws loose. (Yes, I can see the three fingers pointed my way as I point out his craziness.)

Would Fox13 have done the same interview if he had been sitting there in "normal" heathen tighty-whiteys? Or would they have requested that he put some clothes on?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:35 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
Dear, Dear Lakshmi.

Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?

Seriously.
I can only think that they did ask him and he refused. Surely they did, right. It was in his own home, so surely he has access to clothes.
~2bizE

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 2895
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:58 am
Location: Phoenix

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by Corsair » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 am

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm
Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?
It seems like there is a certain age range of Boomers and older folks that seems to like hanging out in their temple garments. It's always a little bit creepy when my father-in-law does this. Even in my most believing times, I always liked to put on a T-shirt.

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2643
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:18 am

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
FYI: The video of the "Typical Mormon Citizen" being "interviewed" in his Fundy Undies has been removed.

Apparently, there is a newer version where Fox13 has cropped the video to just Brother McCormick's upper torso. I'm too lazy to go look for it.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
alas
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by alas » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:17 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 am
wtfluff wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:36 pm
Why didn't Fox 13 tell Brother McCormick to put some clothes on before they interviewed him?
It seems like there is a certain age range of Boomers and older folks that seems to like hanging out in their temple garments. It's always a little bit creepy when my father-in-law does this. Even in my most believing times, I always liked to put on a T-shirt.
When I was a kid, it was the great grandpas, But then I expected them to be crazy, then when I was in my 30s, it was the senile old WWI vets, (Shell shock finally pushed them over) then when I was In my 50s, it was the senile ole WWII vets, .....so, I guess it is the boomers turn to be the senile old coots of the world.

User avatar
2bizE
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:18 am
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
FYI: The video of the "Typical Mormon Citizen" being "interviewed" in his Fundy Undies has been removed.

Apparently, there is a newer version where Fox13 has cropped the video to just Brother McCormick's upper torso. I'm too lazy to go look for it.
This link is still good, it just shows a cropped version. Perhaps YouTube has the first version.
I can only imagine the camera guy chuckling internally while filming...
~2bizE

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2643
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: lol Stake President calling all families to tell them to stay inside today due to riots... in the suburbs

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm

2bizE wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 pm
wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:18 am
2bizE wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Here is a typical Mormon citizen... :lol: :lol:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... c-protests
FYI: The video of the "Typical Mormon Citizen" being "interviewed" in his Fundy Undies has been removed.

Apparently, there is a newer version where Fox13 has cropped the video to just Brother McCormick's upper torso. I'm too lazy to go look for it.
This link is still good, it just shows a cropped version. Perhaps YouTube has the first version.
I can only imagine the camera guy chuckling internally while filming...
That link was dead earlier today, no cropped video.
BowGuy.jpg
BowGuy.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nibbler and 6 guests