Elder Holland in Hospital for week

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Elder Holland in Hospital for week

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:46 pm

There was some discussion on another thread about Elder Holland being in the hospital. This is what was said”
Ha goth wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:58 am
Give It Time wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 pm
Holland's been in the hospital for more than a week and they don't know what he has?
The Deseret News article is very strange. It starts with three sentences that say he's sick, it's not COVID-19, nobody knows what it is. The rest of it reads like an obituary:

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/6/17 ... mormon-lds
So, I read the article and it does read like an obituary. They left out his interview with the BBC though.
Do you think if he did have Covid, they would acknowledge it?
~2bizE

jfro18

Re: Elder Holland in Hospital for week

Post by jfro18 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

I thought they already announced that he was released?

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:55 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:36 am
Just out of curiosity. What do you think the bill that will be sent to the Holland residence here in the next few weeks will look like? My guess is that it will be much, much less than the bill I got last year for a weeks stay in the hospital. Thank heavens for paying an honest tithe. 😒
I’m sure he has good health insurance with low deductibles. Keep in mind we did see pictures of Elder Holland a few months ago shopping at Costco. This means he doesn’t have a servant to do everything for him.
~2bizE

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Blashyrkh wrote:
Just out of curiosity. What do you think the bill that will be sent to the Holland residence here in the next few weeks will look like? My guess is that it will be much, much less than the bill I got last year for a weeks stay in the hospital. Thank heavens for paying an honest tithe. 😒
He won't even see the bill. His assistant has it all taken care of. These guys do not have living expenses, or rather all those expenses are paid for by tithing.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Aren’t they self insured?

Nothing comes out of the GA’s pocket ever. His costco trip was probably paid for with the COB corporate Visa.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:45 pm

2bizE wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:46 pm
Do you think if he did have Covid, they would acknowledge it?
Interesting question. I dunno if they'd announce it, unless he died from it? They didn't announce what the problem/illness actually was, so I guess that tells us something about how honest they would be about COVID. :roll:

Based on the fact that lots of people his age that get COVID and need hospitalization don't usually "get out" alive, my guess is he had some other bug that responded well to treatment, or he was dehydrated or something like that.

It would be a tiny bit scary to be his age and have to go "hang out" in the hospital during this glitch in the Matrix.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
If the average American were to spend a "week of observation" in the hospital they would probably be looking at a bill of $100,000 and possibly financial ruin. I saw an article that the person in the ICU for the longest period due to COVID-19 (2-weeks) was released at the cost of $1.1 Million. I have no idea what that will cost him personally, but I'm pretty sure he's not an LDS General Authority.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."