What aspect of Mo’ism do you still hold dearly?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Dravin

Re: What aspect of Mo’ism do you still hold dearly?

Post by Dravin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm
What do you still hold onto or treasure?
My wife. Really, at this point she is the biggest connection to Mormonism in my life. I know this wasn't quite the answer you were looking for, but I don't think there is anything uniquely Mormon that I still cherish as far as belief systems go. I'm even moved past thinking of values like honesty or the importance of family as Mormon values. Values that Mormons hold certainly but also held by many others and those others have just as much a claim to them as Mormons do.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:37 am

wtfluff wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm
hmb wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 pm
I know I've whined about this before, but try being a girl growing up in the church. Canoeing, water skiing, camping (other that Girls Camp), tearing down outhouses? HA! We did get to make diaries and sequenced Christmas ornaments though. Oh boy. Sorry, still bitter.
No need to apologize. Your bitterness is definitely valid.

Sorry to strike a bit of a chord. :cry:
Strike away!! Ignoring it doesn't make any less annoying. On a good note, at least I walked away with some years ahead of me. Thinking about those who don't figure it out until their 70s, 80s, and beyond is worse than never figuring it out (at least for me).

The only thing that brings on a smile are the memories of ward dinners, and helping my dad print programs while playing around on the stage, late at night. Anything pre-12 year old has some good memories. Nothing regarding religion though.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:44 pm

Dravin wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:38 pm
What do you still hold onto or treasure?
My wife. Really, at this point she is the biggest connection to Mormonism in my life. I know this wasn't quite the answer you were looking for, but I don't think there is anything uniquely Mormon that I still cherish as far as belief systems go. I'm even moved past thinking of values like honesty or the importance of family as Mormon values. Values that Mormons hold certainly but also held by many others and those others have just as much a claim to them as Mormons do.
I think you nailed it for most of us. Our spouses are the most Mormon thing we still hold to.
~2bizE