Why will you stay or comeback ?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Re: Why will you stay or comeback ?

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:09 am
Not sure the surgery took as well for my left eye as my right eye did last year. Things still seem kinda blurry, but I hope that improves with time. Things are certainly brighter and less yellowish though.
You have probably been depending on the right eye all year and maybe your brain will reroute to pull everything back together. Mrs. Hagoth just had a cataract in her left eye. She got the surgery and was pretty disoriented for a while, but neuroplasticity seems to be doing its job. A week and a half later she things seem to be settling back to normal. Good luck!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 am

Oh my gods! That would be a killer F&T meeting!

It is really hard to think about those past times, defending those LDS corporate Dbags! I still bear a lot of testimonies to my family and friends these days, and it's not far off from your description. I've been known to still shed tears, when looking at an amazing sunset or finding the perfect confluence of food, mood, music and herbal supplements. The garb is usually just a variety of Tshirts with various "cultural" references. The big thick robe I have is unmarked and used only when the earth tilts back away from the sun and the temps cool off, used for hot tub festivals and nightly outdoor celebrations. There have been several wanders in the backyard with no cloths on; I know you are no stranger to the shedding of clothing, especially out in the desert when the conditions are right! Thank you sincerely for being my shaman! You were a key part in the evolution of my testimony of these things. Love you brother!
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:48 pm
I can't even imagining you standing at the podium in a white shirt and tie holding back tears as you express your deep love and admiration for Joseph Smith and Russell M. Nelson. A robe and pointed cap covered with stars and planets maybe. "We will now prepare for the passing of the (wink) "sacrament" by opening our hymnals to the mysterious symbols that hover between the pages and singing random Beck lyrics to the music of the spheres." Love you, man!
The truth is everything and nothing. This life you live now, this sense of yourself and who you are, that...this is the punchline of the greatest cosmic joke!
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:54 pm

To which I can only add:
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."