The Mormon Apathalypse is here!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

The Mormon Apathalypse is here!

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:15 am

Top 10 signs the Mormon Apathalypse is here:

1. Elder Bednar issued a warning
2. The Holy Ghost is in bed by 10:30
3. Tithing is down 1%
4. Satan left for vacation on Saturday morning.
5. LDS Living articles all click through to Pinterest
6. Ward building landscapers are every other week.
7. 6 out of 10 Mormons can’t remember the newest Apostle’s last name or middle initial.
8. Wendy now refuses to leave the bedroom when Russell reaches for the pen, often pretending to be asleep.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Re: The Mormon Apathalypse is here!

Post by Corsair » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am

This is grievous news since we are heading into an election year. Clearly we need strong leadership at a time when so many members are starting to think that just maybe the counsel from the top is not entirely what is needed any longer.

TestimonyLost2

Post by TestimonyLost2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:03 am

9. My faithful TBM wife seems satisfied with our 20 minute home sacrament meeting and can't bring herself to suffer through the Zoom Sunday School class every week.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:26 am

I'm definitely seeing the opposite with my family and their discussions, but I hope that this does lead more people to realize it's actually pretty nice being apathetic towards the church... I think if I was worthy in her eyes (I still am technically a priesthood holder and a member of record) she might be more relaxed towards getting back in, but it sounds like my in-laws in AZ are gung ho to get back so I am just part of a very devout family.