My eyes are opened !!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Mackman

My eyes are opened !!!!

Post by Mackman » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Wow talking with my TBM wife I asked her if she would get the covid vaccine when it becomes available? She said absolutely not ,of course I asked why not ? Her answer shocked me !!! She says because they can put a chip in the virus and mini computers to monitor where you go and everything you do (they being the govt.) Up to and including how many times you have sex . I knew her and her sister were always into conspiracy theories but that was a little over the top!! I see clearly now why she would never listen to me about the church being a fake church and more of a corporation instead. Just like her and her sister think Donald Trump is the greatest President ever !!!!! Oh brother.

Red Ryder

Re: My eyes are opened !!!!

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:01 pm

That’s silly!

Mini computer chips in the vaccine?

Doesn’t she know her cell phone already does all of that? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:25 pm

You are a better man than I am. I couldn't live with that level of crazy.

-lost

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:52 pm

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:25 pm
You are a better man than I am. I couldn't live with that level of crazy.

-lost
I dunno. Are you in a mixed-faith marriage? Mormonism itself is pretty close to a conspiracy theory.

As a Mormon, you are embroiled in an epic battle between good and evil where the prizes are eternal souls. But your people alone have the inside knowledge and authority from God necessary to save everyone. You are God's brave cavalry, his ace in the hole, his last defenders of truth. While the rest of the world merely sees cultural conflicts, you know what's really happening: the other side's campaign is being led by Satan. If only people would listen to the prophets!
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Mackman wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Wow talking with my TBM wife I asked her if she would get the covid vaccine when it becomes available? She said absolutely not ,of course I asked why not ? Her answer shocked me !!! She says because they can put a chip in the virus and mini computers to monitor where you go and everything you do (they being the govt.) Up to and including how many times you have sex . I knew her and her sister were always into conspiracy theories but that was a little over the top!! I see clearly now why she would never listen to me about the church being a fake church and more of a corporation instead. Just like her and her sister think Donald Trump is the greatest President ever !!!!! Oh brother.
I think a chip telling me how often I had sex could be useful.
Me: see here mrs. 2 bizE, it says we had sex 3 times in the last 6 months.
Mrs. 2bizE: I see that, if you need to cut back more I can probably accommodate...
~2bizE

græy

Post by græy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:49 am

2bizE wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm
I think a chip telling me how often I had sex could be useful.
Me: see here mrs. 2 bizE, it says we had sex 3 times in the last 6 months.
Mrs. 2bizE: I see that, if you need to cut back more I can probably accommodate...
I laughed. :lol: I related. :| I cried. :cry:
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Mackman wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm
She says because they can put a chip in the virus and minicomputers to monitor where you go and everything you do (they being the govt.) Up to and including how many times you have sex.
Mormonism can have unusual side effects.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha