Kwaku in the news

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Kwaku in the news

Post by Hagoth » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:01 pm

YouTube Mormon apologist Kwaku made it big on the local news tonight for holding a large, crowded, illegal dance party at a Provo venue. He used all of his apologetic tap dancing to skirt around taking responsibility for anything, like when asked why he thought he could do this without a permit he said, "Well, some people in Provo knew about it."
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

jfro18

Re: Kwaku in the news

Post by jfro18 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:36 pm

It was something to see the video on Facebook with Kwaku dancing among quite a few women who would not pass even the most liberal modesty tests with the honor code. There were no garments protecting them at that party. :lol:

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:42 pm

“I feel the party was important. I wanted to show that even small business owners can do something. These restrictions have been a financial death sentence for so many, and I’m sick of it,” Young/Dumb Co-founder Kwaku El told the Universe.

https://universe.byu.edu/2020/08/08/pro ... -concerns/

https://kutv.com/news/local/venue-owner ... distancing

Perhaps Consiglieri could fill us in on other examples of Kwaku being misleading.

https://www.facebook.com/youngdumbllc/
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 am

I think he should expand his brand. Young/Dumb would also be an appropriate banner for his apologetics.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:45 am

Kwaku really is doing everything possible (illegal activities) in his campaign to become a COJCOLd$ GA in the future, isn't he?

Does he have a first/middle initial?

He really should start using it now.

Edit: So I watched the video after the previous sentences were typed... Kwaku is actually practicing his "Carefully Worded Denials™" (lying) very well also. He's PERFECT COJCOLd$ "manager" material.
Last edited by wtfluff on Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am

Provo has a newscaster who wears sleeveless dresses and exposed shoulders? Gasp?!...
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:27 am

wtfluff wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:45 am
Kwaku really is doing everything possible (illegal activities) in his campaign to become a COJCOLd$ GA in the future, isn't he?

Does he have a first/middle initial?

He really should start using it now.
Wtfluff, I literally Lold at your comment. Thank you, I really needed that today :lol:

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:30 am

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 am
I think he should expand his brand. Young/Dumb would also be an appropriate banner for his apologetics.
I thought your comment was some kind of silly joke, but then I looked at the news story and did a double-take when it was clear that Young/Dumb is the actual name of the brand. I suppose I should judge this book but it's stated cover.