Tests for Mormonism

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Tests for Mormonism

Post by moksha » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 am

I'm thinking the Scoville scale of spiciness can be used to test for Mormoness. A normal adult Mormon can eat bell peppers, but due to various factors of inherent blandness will have trouble handling anything spicier. To test their degree of Mormoness, try giving them pepperoncini or banana pepper. Taking it up a notch try to give them an anaheim chili. The very toughest of them might be able to stand that. One more notch, give them a jalapeno. If they haven't passed out and still claim to be a Mormon they must be from outside the United States. Hope that helps.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Re: Tests for Mormonism

Post by Corsair » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am

When I was a child, there was a Hispanic family in my ward. The mother was named Rachel and was good friends with my mother. Rachel made enchiladas that my mother loved. But my mother was always trying to politely ask Rachel to tone down the chili in these dishes. My mother openly admitted that she was a gringo and could not handle the level of spiciness in Rachel's food. It got to the point where Rachel laughingly told my mother that she was simply going to spice her food with ketchup so that my mother could endure it.

moksha

Re: Tests for Mormonism

Post by moksha » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:20 am

Church Security could use this information in their interrogations. Offer the suspect some 7-11 nachos with cheese and jalapenos. These Church security elders could then determine if they were dealing with a Saint from the Jell-O belt or some outside infiltrator.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha