NOMference!!!! ****Apocalypse Edition!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference!!!! ****Apocalypse Edition!!

Post by MoPag » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:22 pm

JK!! :lol: :lol:

Well maybe...I mean thigs a pretty nuckin' futs out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But don't worry I'm sure a bunch of really old guys who run a religion/real estate/tax evasion corporation will give us all the comfort we need. :D I'm sure Rusty and pals have been super busy talking to Mormon Jesus so they can cryptically hint at the things Mormon Jesus told them for about 10 hours this weekend.

So.....If you are stuck inside with TBMs, or you are just morbidly curious, please join us in NOMference. We invite all to partake! ;)

NOMference game play is as follows:

All speakers start with a score of 0.
You may take away points for the stupid sh!t they say.
You may award points if they say something you like.
We try to keep points within the range of Hogwarts House points 5,10s and 20s. But for the supper douchey stuff *coughs* Oaks :roll: there are no limits.
I will start a new thread for each session.
Feel free to comment, vent, share funny memes etc. This is our space to get through this crap together as a NOM ward family.

At the end we will have a list of the NOMference winners, loosers and everyone in between.

And if someone really nails their predictions on 2bizE's Konference predictions thread, that person will be crowned, er ..I mean set apart...as prophet, seer and NOMerator.

So don't stress about this weekend. We are going to make it though and we are going to make it fun!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

hmb

Re: NOMference!!!! ****Apocalypse Edition!!

Post by hmb » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:09 am

Oh darn. I will be camping this weekend. I'll have to miss the big show :D . Darn darn darn. At least I can check here when I get back. I'm sure someone will put the country right. God must be as tired of 2020 as the rest of us.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:46 am

hmb wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:09 am
Oh darn. I will be camping this weekend. I'll have to miss the big show :D . Darn darn darn. At least I can check here when I get back. I'm sure someone will put the country right. God must be as tired of 2020 as the rest of us.
Enjoy camping. Surely it’s better than GC. I’m only interested in the floral arrangement. I’m thinking harvest cornucopia with cauliflower, turnips and a hint of Covid....
~2bizE

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:51 am

At work so my comments will be few and far between, but I'll be reading the threads with great anticipation! Thanks again to Pres. Mopag for her work!
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

græy

Post by græy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 am

I'll likely be captive in the living room for the duration, despite my best efforts. I"m in!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Ha! Mrs. Hagoth completely missed it. Forgot all about it, even though we've been seeing the TV ads for it.

Anyone care to give a very high-level recap? (Only if anything interesting and/or out of the ordinary was said)
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm
Ha! Mrs. Hagoth completely missed it. Forgot all about it, even though we've been seeing the TV ads for it.

Anyone care to give a very high-level recap? (Only if anything interesting and/or out of the ordinary was said)
The brethren have declared this weird war on other cultures. Like there were several talks encouraging everyone to come together and embrace the culture of Jesus (which they equated to the culture of the church...barf) And put away the culture they came from.
It's so weird.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:26 am

MoPag wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:49 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm

The brethren have declared this weird war on other cultures. Like there were several talks encouraging everyone to come together and embrace the culture of Jesus (which they equated to the culture of the church...barf) And put away the culture they came from.
It's so weird.
It will be interesting to see if this trend carries on today. It sounds like kind of a Scientology-ish angle, but really it's been there all along. Like Africans having to buy church-approved electronic keyboards if they want accompaniment for their hymns because God hates traditional instruments (the real reason Yahweh repeatedly gave the Israelites such a raw deal, with their harps, and lutes, and psalteries, and bells, and timbrels, and sistrums)
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."