Happy Birthday Skyrim

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Happy Birthday Skyrim

Post by moksha » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Turned 9 years old today. From Castle Volkihar to Dayspring Canyon. WooHoo!

When Ysgrimor first sighted the Straits of Windhelm in his historic voyage from Atmora, he looked out the window of his ship of curious construction and uttered the famous words, "This is the place".

BTW, the Elder Scrolls has a much more detailed and consistent backstory. Not saying you should switch your story allegiance, but you would save on your monthly expenditures. With Skyrim SE you could take an active part in saving the world from Alduin and learn from the simple, yet earnest philosophy of Inigo a cat of blue color. Your spouse not into video games? Fine, this need not be an impediment to your marriage. You can let your kids decide for themselves. All of my kids have tried Skyrim and only one remains active. Love them all just the same. Skyrim allows that.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Re: Happy Birthday Skyrim

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 am

Anyone have a rock and a hat I can borrow to translate this? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 am
It is probably a mixture of penguin and English, you know, pigeon penguin instead of pigeon English.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:02 am

alas wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 am
Red Ryder wrote:
It is probably a mixture of penguin and English, you know, pigeon penguin instead of pigeon English.
Reformed Penglish?

Putting my head in my baseball hat: the words are coming to me now....

It says, “Moksha is a great dad! He loves his kids. Send penguin snacks...”
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:02 am
alas wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Reformed Penglish?

Putting my head in my baseball hat: the words are coming to me now....

It says, “Moksha is a great dad! He loves his kids. Send penguin snacks...”
Is Penglish pronounced with a long e, like pinglish, or a short e as in pen glish? Pen glish makes it sound closer to penguin as in the root language is penguin. But pronouncing it like English would be if the root language is English, and it seems to me that from the sample given that the root language is English with modification by those who speak penguin. Did it evolve by penguins kept as slaves by English speaking iceberg owners, or perhaps in American zoos as the penguins tried to communicate with zookeepers?

Phil Lurkerman

Post by Phil Lurkerman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:32 pm

It sayeth, " I really like role-playing video games and have especially enjoyed the Skyrim and Elder Scrolls franchises."

At least that is my interpretation. ;)
I was once a cafeteria Mormon on a hunger strike. Have since found a buffet elsewhere.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:04 am

This contains writings that cannot be revealed unto the world; but is to be had in the Holy RPG of God.

Others ought not to be revealed at the present time.

If the world can find out the meaning, so let it be. Amen.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:12 am

If I were speaking of Fallout 4, you would first need to partake of the 200-year-old powdered milk before you could handle the meat of the two-headed brahmin. Nuclear war makes its changes to eternal truths.

Skyrim Day was celebrated across Antarctica and the Bethesda Games Studios. Not everyone will have heard of Skyrim because at 9 years it is still relatively new. Those who affiliate call themselves Game Players, although the possibility exists in the future to go with Even the Game Players of Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim in these Latter-Days.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:53 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:38 pm
Turned 9 years old today. From Castle Volkihar to Dayspring Canyon. WooHoo!

When Ysgrimor first sighted the Straits of Windhelm in his historic voyage from Atmora, he looked out the window of his ship of curious construction and uttered the famous words, "This is the place".

BTW, the Elder Scrolls has a much more detailed and consistent backstory. Not saying you should switch your story allegiance, but you would save on your monthly expenditures. With Skyrim SE you could take an active part in saving the world from Alduin and learn from the simple, yet earnest philosophy of Inigo a cat of blue color. Your spouse not into video games? Fine, this need not be an impediment to your marriage. You can let your kids decide for themselves. All of my kids have tried Skyrim and only one remains active. Love them all just the same. Skyrim allows that.
:lol: :lol: Love this! Happy Skyrim Day!!! May the Gods watch over your travels, friend!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:18 pm

-- Moksha