Tithing slips in the mail? Is this normal?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

Re: Tithing slips in the mail? Is this normal?

Post by 2bizE » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm

This is wrong on so many levels. First, it is likely a federal offense to open and use someone’s mailbox not for mail. Second, it is wrong to solicit donations in this way. I would send start placing MLM requests for essential oils in his mailbox daily....also info on that sex toy MLM....
~2bizE

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:16 pm

This sounds like some thoughtless ignoramus in the Bishopric (or clerk following orders) trying to give ward members an easier way to get their blessings by paying their tithing. How considerate. :roll:

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's a federal offense to use a mailbox for other than official uses.
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Fill out one of the slips with a negative donation amount equal to your lifetime donations and slip it under the chapel door. Make sure you a give detailed description of the location where they should drop off the suitcase full of cash.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:07 am

Tithing slips? What is this, 1986?

Everyone knows you can pay online now. Sheesh!

When my son participated in fast offering collections I would often have to be his driver and take him along his collection route. Nearly every time he would go to the door and come back empty handed and say “they pay online now”.

I had a pencil in the car and would pull the envelope from the route and write “Pays online” on it.

The next month I noticed my “pays online” comment was erased and the blue envelope was back in the route. So I wrote in big letters with a black permanent sharpie “PAYS ONLINE”.

The next month I noticed new blue envelopes. I got another sharpie and wrote pays online.

The following month I told my son he was exempt from having to participate in fast offering collections. Then on Sunday he proudly tells his quorum leader that his dad said he didn’t have to do fast offerings. The guy finds me in the hall with the stack of blue envelopes in hand and asked me to drive my son through the route.

I took the stack from him, thumbed through it and pulled out the 3 people I knew paid at the door and told him to toss the rest because they all paid online. I told him to quit wasting our time.

That’s the problem with Mormonism. They’re not interested in efficiency and function-ability. They’re only interested in collecting your money and tying up your time.

I suggest you take the tithing slips and envelopes and stuff them with playboy pictures and send back to the Bishop. :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Linked

Post by Linked » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:52 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:51 pm
Seriously, is money the only thing this church wants out of me?
The church wants everything from you. If I recall correctly they want you time, talents, and everything you have been blessed with. They want your will because according to them that is the only thing that is truly yours. They want your identity to be subsumed by what the church tells you your identity is. And you bet they want your money too.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut