The fall and rise of Brother Jake

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

The fall and rise of Brother Jake

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:51 am

What a treat to hear the voice of Jake Frost on the latest Infants on Thrones! He still has a lot of recovery ahead of him but he seems to be doing far better than I had expected.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Wonderment

Re: The fall and rise of Brother Jake

Post by Wonderment » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:26 pm

Brother Jake is hilarious. :lol: He's very good with a narrative and graphics that point out the absurdity and irony of Mormonism. I love his content on YouTube. I'm glad to hear that he is on the road to recovery. Wishing him all the best. - Wndr.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Because we haven't heard from him for so long I was really concerned that he had lost some serious cognitive ability. I mean, there was an hour between the time his heart stopped and they got him on a heart machine (thank you Russell Nelson?!?). Although his speech is a little bit slurred, although almost imperceptibly, and he needs to search for a word occasionally, he is very sharp and his sense of humor is 100%. It sounds like his recovery trajectory is more physical than mental. He says he did have to relearn a lot of things, like grade school math and the names of colors. But his intellect and personality are pedal-to-the-metal. That makes me very happy.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Wonderment

Post by Wonderment » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Very best wishes to Brother Jake. He's wonderful at satire, and his personality is really fun. I look forward to the time when he produces more videos, as they are both entertaining and thought-provoking. :) --- Wne.

græy

Post by græy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 am

Wonderment wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:43 pm
Very best wishes to Brother Jake. He's wonderful at satire, and his personality is really fun. I look forward to the time when he produces more videos, as they are both entertaining and thought-provoking. :) --- Wne.
Hear! Hear!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:48 pm

I was really glad to hear how well Jake is doing and that he's made a lot of progress since the last time I had seen an update on him.

It's always crazy to hear how what happened to him was one of those 'one in a million' events just as his ability to come back from it was.

Hoping he continues to make progress and is able to do what he wants to do going forward - just happy to hear how well he appears to be doing all things considered. His videos were a huge help to me early on as have been his Infants on Thrones appearances - he's really funny and on some level channeled a lot of the same frustrations I felt in those podcasts.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Ok Time for the quiz.

Brother Jake's recover is evidence of the tender mercies of ___________.

a. God
b. Cthulhu
c. Flying Spaghetti Monster
d. Russel's Teapot
e. Skilled medical professionals and Modern Medicine
f. All of the above

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 am

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:14 pm
Ok Time for the quiz.

Brother Jake's recover is evidence of the tender mercies of ___________.

a. God
b. Cthulhu
c. Flying Spaghetti Monster
d. Russel's Teapot
e. Skilled medical professionals and Modern Medicine
f. All of the above
g. repenting of his casual attitude toward Satanism and returning to daily chanting and reading from the Black Book.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:30 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:08 am
g. repenting of his casual attitude toward Satanism and returning to daily chanting and reading from the Black Book.
:lol:
Oh, right I forget sometimes.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Brother Jake's videos are still some of my favorite things on Youtube.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha