Post your Seasons Greetings here!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Post your Seasons Greetings here!

Post by Hagoth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

River Morgan2

Re: Post your Seasons Greetings here!

Post by River Morgan2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:26 pm

😉
Screenshot_20201221-181444.png
Screenshot_20201221-181444.png (120.65 KiB) Viewed 5558 times
As we welcome the returning sun with joy, may this Solstice and the turning of the wheel bring you health, love, peace, and good fortune in the coming year!

River
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Edit:
Xmas-SoutPark.jpg
Xmas-SoutPark.jpg (131.08 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

græy

Post by græy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:02 pm

I like this one:

Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:07 pm

I have no great meme, but the conjunction of Saturn with his son Jupiter on the winter equinox clearly indicates that the gods have forgiven the inhabitants of Earth for the sins which they identified at the beginning of this year.

Just kidding. 1 in a million happens about 3 times per month.

However, as our days get longer, I hope everyone's happiness increases. I'm glad the planets don't control our destinies, not even planets orbiting distant stars with weird pseudo-Egyptian names.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Love these!

Here's wishing you all good thoughts and feelings during our shortest daylight hours of the season. Here's our year round dead painted gold juniper tree, decorated with toilet-paper-roll ornaments, glass crystals, a few lathed wood ornaments, some led lights. The rest of the traditional decor stayed in boxes this year, just not in the mood; not sure where we'll be next year.

Cheers!
HolidaySolsticeTree2020.jpg
HolidaySolsticeTree2020.jpg (198.29 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Wow! I love your tree! Very cool!
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

alas

Post by alas » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:07 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:25 pm
Love these!

Here's wishing you all good thoughts and feelings during our shortest daylight hours of the season. Here's our year round dead painted gold juniper tree, decorated with toilet-paper-roll ornaments, glass crystals, a few lathed wood ornaments, some led lights. The rest of the traditional decor stayed in boxes this year, just not in the mood; not sure where we'll be next year.

Cheers!

I love your tree. It is exactly the kind of thing my mother did. Once when I was a kid, she picked up an old dead Joshua tree trunk in the desert of Southern Utah. A few years later, she got in a “bah humbug” mood about all the work to get ready for Christmas, only to have to clean it all up, and that was our Christmas tree that year. With colored lights, gold tinsel, and red ornaments. And everyone got such a kick out of it that it was the Christmas tree for several years. So much less work and it didn’t drop needles that get stuck in the carpet until February. And when the neighbors would ask if we had a “real tree” for Christmas, without batting an eye, she told them yes, we had a real tree. She was the kind to serve pizza on Thanksgiving, and put turkey pepperoni on it, and claim it as “turkey with all the fixings” when anyone asked what she was fixing for Thanksgiving.

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year
Attachments
68DE4928-C23E-4A0E-B806-FA0158BD2480.jpeg
68DE4928-C23E-4A0E-B806-FA0158BD2480.jpeg (149.17 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:17 am

Joy to the NOM, let us our songs enjoy!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

shrugged

Post by shrugged » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:42 am

alas wrote:
RubinHighlander wrote:
Love these!

Cheers!

I love your tree. It is exactly the kind of thing my mother did. Once when I was a kid, she picked up an old dead Joshua tree trunk in the desert of Southern Utah. A few years later, she got in a “bah humbug” mood about all the work to get ready for Christmas, only to have to clean it all up, and that was our Christmas tree that year. With colored lights, gold tinsel, and red ornaments. And everyone got such a kick out of it that it was the Christmas tree for several years. So much less work and it didn’t drop needles that get stuck in the carpet until February. And when the neighbors would ask if we had a “real tree” for Christmas, without batting an eye, she told them yes, we had a real tree. She was the kind to serve pizza on Thanksgiving, and put turkey pepperoni on it, and claim it as “turkey with all the fixings” when anyone asked what she was fixing for Thanksgiving.
She sounds like my kind of person. I love the non traditional and happily serve pizza, BBQ, anything for Thanksgiving but that stuff we’re supposed to feel obligated to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shrugged

Post by shrugged » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:43 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:56 am

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:47 am

The infamous Starbucks cup that was front and center in the War Against Christmas. They removed the previous year's snow flakes and holly berries and thus, apparently, offended Jesus. Why? I dunno. For one thing holly berries are a traditional pagan symbol.

It is a two-fold affront to Mormons. Snowflakes: no. Coffee: yes:

Let us raise our cups, berries or not, in celebration of Christmas. Personally I think Jesus would have been exactly the kind of guy who would love to sit down with you over a hot cup and share some seasonal love.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Spicy McHaggis

Post by Spicy McHaggis » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:24 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Love these!

Cheers!

That's a great rug, it really ties the room together.

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:36 pm

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all my fellow nomies !!!!!!! Its been a challenging year to say the least but we are still here together !!!!! I have done much studying this year about Mormonism and have found that its even worse than I had ever imagined!!!!!!!! Shawn Mccraney shed light on what I had been missing and all I can say is Wow !!! I had only scratched the surface on my own . I am a liberated man in so many ways now, gone is any guilt I may have had when I see an organization dedicated to deceiving the followers who are only doing their best to be faithful !! May God bless you and your families in the coming year .

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:49 pm

Cheers, NOM. We've almost made it through 2020. That definitely calls for a celebratory beverage of your choice.

Christmas 2020.jpg
Christmas 2020.jpg (104.8 KiB) Viewed 5390 times

græy

Post by græy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Festivus! And all that jazz.

I truly hope you are all happy and well this week!!
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:58 am

Merry Christmas to all of you out there... hope your day is a good one. I still enjoy the day even if I view it differently... no reason not to embrace a holiday that is about family and being good to each other even if the underlying story isn't real. :D

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 pm

xmas-pagan.jpg
xmas-pagan.jpg (65.14 KiB) Viewed 5309 times
A day late and a dollar short of course.

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander