You know you have turned a corner when...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Re: You know you have turned a corner when...

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:23 am

Hamburgers and Steak are the true food of Saints. ;) Famine is when you go 5 hours without a meal. Winter is when it drops below 50 degrees. :P
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:17 am

hmb wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:27 am
moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:06 pm
You know you've turned a pleasant corner when your daughter brings home a takeout order of Gang Dang and Masaman Curries. Very faith-affirming over basmati rice!
:D
Mmmmm. Curry and Basmati rice. Not something I can find in tiny town, redneck country. I do miss good ethnic food.
A potential Word of Wisdom would be to never burn out your palate on Mexican food, wait for the curry.

-------------
Speaking of food, in New Orleans, the holy trinity is onion, bell pepper, and celery. In Provo, it is tuna, potato chips (or corn flakes), and fry sauce. Go figure.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:03 pm

LSOF wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 pm
You have barely thought about Mormonism for years, you move on to other things, gender transition intervenes, and you decide to visit NOM again, not to get support, but on a lark.

I may not have told the people here, but I am a trans woman (pronouns she/her).
You know you’ve turned a corner when you read a post like this from an old internet friend and say without judgement...

Congratulations!

I’d be interested in hearing about your experience LSOF.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:03 pm
LSOF wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 pm
You have barely thought about Mormonism for years, you move on to other things, gender transition intervenes, and you decide to visit NOM again, not to get support, but on a lark.

I may not have told the people here, but I am a trans woman (pronouns she/her).
You know you’ve turned a corner when you read a post like this from an old internet friend and say without judgement...

Congratulations!

I’d be interested in hearing about your experience LSOF.
I have posted about it in the Introductions area here.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League