Uchtdorf Donates to Biden Campain

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Just This Guy

Uchtdorf Donates to Biden Campain

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Despite LDS Church rules against top leaders contributing to political candidates, federal election reports indicate that popular Latter-day Saint apostle Dieter Uchtdorf made 13 donations last year and early in 2021, totaling nearly $2,300, to Democratic Party funds and candidates, including Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/03 ... -uchtdorf/

DFU is claiming a family member made the donations from on online account with his name on it. Not sure if a family member is trolling him or he is trying to blame someone for his violation of church policy. Both would be very Mormon things to do.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Re: Uchtdorf Donates to Biden Campain

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:17 pm

That’s hilarious.

DFU takes another step In the wrong direction.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 am

Uchtdorf's family was exercising their rights as naturalized American citizens. I am pleased to learn of this because it might enable some LDS families to vote their pocketbook rather than what they believe to be the desires of their Authorities. I wish he would go a step further, for the sake of Central and South Utah residents, and deny that Trump is the new messiah. Utah desperately needs the honesty that a two-party system can bring to government.

I say three cheers to the Uchtdorf family for trying to make their adopted country a better place. A regime based on white nationalism and a mountain of lies is a bad thing for the Church, even if most members remain bamboozled by Trump's appeal to their baser hatreds and instincts. Thank God for the Uchtdorf's power of discernment.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 am

Blashyrkh wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:58 pm
I find it disturbing that this is even an issue.
It’s only an issue because he broke their own rules. Maybe he didn’t read his new apostle handbook very close? Or perhaps he lost a handball bet with E. Gong?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:10 pm

omg I knew Uchtdorf was a filthy communist omg omg
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.