DW is OUT!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
lightbulb

DW is OUT!

Post by lightbulb » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 pm

I just wanted to post because I know there are so many people here who find themselves in mixed-faith marriages hoping for some kind of change. I've been a non-believe for about 15 years and honestly thought I would live out my life without ever being able to fully connect with my wife on topics of faith (or lack thereof) again. I won't say exactly what it was that really got my wife thinking since it's one of those things that we're not supposed to talk about on the board that happens every four years or so but suffice it to say that she was able to see a lot of members whose supposed values weren't being reflected in their actions. Couple that with being in a ward that basically shunned her over my disbelief and bingo! All of a sudden she is going through her own faith crisis, wearing lacy underwear, listening to Mormon Stories, telling me all the things she regrets not doing as a youth and even talking about trying coffee and maybe even a glass of wine. I'm just blown away because her faith was always so solid and unwavering and I had just accepted that as a part of her being. Now I find myself coaching her through her grief and regret and feeling closer to her than ever. It's really wonderful and totally unexpected. Unfortunately I can't bottle this up and send it out to all the other couples who are hurting but I just wanted to share that sometimes patience and long-suffering do pay off. Don't give up! You don't have to pressure your spouse or win arguments but just keep building the relationship so you will be there when they need you.

slavereeno

Re: DW is OUT!

Post by slavereeno » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Congratulations! Its a door that can only be opened from the inside, I am happy for you.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:47 am

Congrats! It's always encouraging to hear these stories - and fascinating to see that the reason that someone opens that door can be very unexpected.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:55 am

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 am

Congrats, I am very happy for you . I'm still waiting and praying for God to bring my wife out. Again congrats that is great news!!!!

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:58 am

lightbulb wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 pm
Now I find myself coaching her through her grief and regret and feeling closer to her than ever. It's really wonderful and totally unexpected. Unfortunately I can't bottle this up and send it out to all the other couples who are hurting but I just wanted to share that sometimes patience and long-suffering do pay off. Don't give up! You don't have to pressure your spouse or win arguments but just keep building the relationship so you will be there when they need you.
This is amazing that you can coach her through it all. It’s an emotional time and sounds like you are both closer because of it.

Love these stories. Thanks for posting This lightbulb. Seems more couples are finding their way out together even if staggered by 15 years.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg