NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
User avatar
Mormorrisey
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:39 am

lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am
I never know what to do with an Eyring talk. It sounds profound, but then when you really listen hes not saying anything.
Lol! I was just thinking the same thing! This is a nothing burger. Like listening to your senile grandfather go on about some random memory from September 1931.
I think this is why in the last decade I don't think our Ward is ever chosen an Eyring talk for a lesson or anything.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

User avatar
nibbler
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by nibbler » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:39 am

Oh, and -150 for preaching toxic perfectionism.
We see things not as they are, but as we are ourselves. - H.M. Tomlinson

User avatar
AdmiralHoldo
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:49 am

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:40 am

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am
lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:34 am
I never know what to do with an Eyring talk. It sounds profound, but then when you really listen hes not saying anything.
Lol! I was just thinking the same thing! This is a nothing burger. Like listening to your senile grandfather go on about some random memory from September 1931.
ElderSimpson.png
"I was wearing an onion in my belt, which was the style at the time..."

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:43 am

AdmiralHoldo wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:40 am
MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am
lostinmiddlemormonism wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 am

Lol! I was just thinking the same thing! This is a nothing burger. Like listening to your senile grandfather go on about some random memory from September 1931.
ElderSimpson.png
"I was wearing an onion in my belt, which was the style at the time..."
:lol:
I would listen to a GC talk from Grandpa Simpson! :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

User avatar
AdmiralHoldo
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:49 am

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:44 am

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:43 am
I would listen to a GC talk from Grandpa Simpson! :lol:
So... President Monson? [/goingtohell]

lostinmiddlemormonism
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 am

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:45 am

My daughter is so cool because she does what she is told...smdh

User avatar
blazerb
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by blazerb » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:45 am

I don't think he told me what I've experienced in this talk. Usually it's "You felt this when . . . ."

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am

Is that Kevin From the Office? :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

User avatar
blazerb
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by blazerb » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:48 am

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:46 am
Is that Kevin From the Office? :lol:
Let's see his drumming!

lostinmiddlemormonism
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 am

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:48 am

+0. Even vanilla had more dynamic flavor than Eyring

User avatar
Mormorrisey
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by Mormorrisey » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:52 am

That actually was one of the better sessions of conference I have heard in literally years. I can't imagine a session where my positive points have far outweighed the negative. So it's either uphill or downhill from here.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:53 am

Oh Lord... we're going to get a session recap during the prayer!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

User avatar
Ghost
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by Ghost » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:53 am

I haven't listened to GC in several years but I always read and enjoy these threads.

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:54 am

Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:52 am
That actually was one of the better sessions of conference I have heard in literally years. I can't imagine a session where my positive points have far outweighed the negative. So it's either uphill or downhill from here.
Oh this was a total surprise!! Aside from the Joy-less train wreck. This was a really good session.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 3003
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by wtfluff » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 am

MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:01 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:00 am
The decor is better than last year's.
They did step it up a bit.
This is a "Made You Look!" post isn't it?!?!?!

Dammit. It worked. I took a peek, and... I see the same dumpster-fire backdrop that they used last time.

Are you folks just saying the stepped up the floral decorations?
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
MoPag
Posts: 2742
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: NOMference Sat Morning Sp 2021

Post by MoPag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 am
MoPag wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:01 am
Mormorrisey wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:00 am
The decor is better than last year's.
They did step it up a bit.
This is a "Made You Look!" post isn't it?!?!?!

Dammit. It worked. I took a peek, and... I see the same dumpster-fire backdrop that they used last time.

Are you folks just saying the stepped up the floral decorations?
Yep the flowers are pretty
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests