I know the guy who saved Mark Hoffman's life.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

I know the guy who saved Mark Hoffman's life.

Post by Hagoth » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:59 pm

If you've seen the Netfilx documentary you might remember the guy from the old news clip who said he spotted Hoffman's garments after the explosion and gave him a blessing and "commanded" him to live. It turns out I know that guy via my wife. He was telling us the story yesterday. The interesting part to me was that he sat and watched the whole thing unfold. He saw Hoffman walk up to his car and then reach in and fiddle with the bomb for 60-90 seconds (apparently trying to disarm it) before it went kaboom. He was an essential witness in the trial because he saw that things didn't go down the way Hoffman claimed they did. You never know who you'll bump into.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

2bizE

Re: I know the guy who saved Mark Hoffman's life.

Post by 2bizE » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 pm

Amazing. The lord certainly preserved Mark’s life so the whole scandal could be uncovered.
~2bizE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 pm

Maybe you can convince him to sign up on NOM and do an all exclusive AMA with us?

That would be fun.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat May 01, 2021 1:03 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 pm
... and do an all exclusive AMA with us?
Our own American Medical Association!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat May 01, 2021 4:16 am

That section of the documentary brought up so many comments on Twitter. Twitter, just like any social media platform, is just a big opinion and gossip session, but it does give a feel for how people think about things. Is the guy still TBM? Did he say anything about the negative comments about commanding Mark to live? It was the part that seemed to get the most attention for laughter and/or embarrassment.

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sat May 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Maybe you can convince him to sign up on NOM and do an all exclusive AMA with us?

That would be fun.
Boy would that ever be!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 am

hmb wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:16 am
That section of the documentary brought up so many comments on Twitter. Twitter, just like any social media platform, is just a big opinion and gossip session, but it does give a feel for how people think about things. Is the guy still TBM? Did he say anything about the negative comments about commanding Mark to live? It was the part that seemed to get the most attention for laughter and/or embarrassment.
He said it got so much attention that there's "some ex-Mormon" in southern Utah claiming to be him. From that terminology I got the impression that he is still an active member.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 am

Red Ryder wrote:

That would be fun.
Probably not. I only see him a couple of times a year. If I knew him better I would probably feel more comfortable asking him. He did a podcast interview with Lindsay Hansen Park on the Sunstone podcast that is currently listed as "Most Popular:"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/SunstoneMagazine/

I haven't listened yet.

beetbox

Post by beetbox » Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 am

Does he know somebody posted a meme calling him Petroleum Dynamite?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed May 05, 2021 1:30 pm

beetbox wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 am
Does he know somebody posted a meme calling him Petroleum Dynamite?
I should get that put on a T-shirt.