Should I get a Priesthood blessing?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Re: Should I get a Priesthood blessing?

Post by Linked » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Dang Oliblish, I'm sorry you are going through this. Right out of left field. Thanks for the update and I hope things continue to improve!
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:45 pm

oliblish wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:31 am
Red Ryder wrote:How’s the eye? Any updates?
I had a cornea transplant surgery a couple of weeks ago. My doctor told me yesterday it successfully got rid of the amoeba problem!

I am feeling much better and light sensitivity is slowly improving. I hope to return to work in two or three weeks. My vision is still very poor in that eye and it will probably be over a year before I can see much with my right eye. But overall I am extremely happy with how things are working out.

This is by far the most difficult thing I have gone through in my life. There were days when I wasn’t sure how I was going get through it. Truly some dark times - literally.
Glad to hear! I’ve shared your story with a few people who are flabbergasted that’s even possible. Hope you continue to heal!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:28 am

Jeez, I'm glad to hear things are going in a positive direction, even if slowly. Do you have any idea how an amoeba enters the eye? Was it from wearing contacts? Just wondering if they gave an explanation.

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am

hmb wrote:Jeez, I'm glad to hear things are going in a positive direction, even if slowly. Do you have any idea how an amoeba enters the eye? Was it from wearing contacts? Just wondering if they gave an explanation.
From what I have read 85% of cases are from contact wearers. Rinsing contacts in tap water, showering or swimming with contacts in, or even handling contacts without drying your hands can cause it. I was surprised to find out how common it is for amoebas to live in tap water. But I don’t wear contacts.

My doctor asked me if I had been swimming or had any other contact with water. Other than the shower and bathroom faucet there was nothing. It is impossible to be sure but the most likely cause was the shower.

I have a history of cornea problems with that eye (recurrent cornea erosion) so that may have made me more susceptible than most.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:56 pm

I just want to add that my family has been very supportive of me during this difficult time. A couple of them brought up church solutions initially, but when I didn’t express interest they didn’t press the issue. Some posters here on NOM offered advice about this that I found helpful.

I got a lot of help with car rides to the ophthalmologist, pharmacy and grocery store. (I wasn’t able to drive for about 3 months.) They delivered several meals and came to visit and sit with me in the dark. They all have busy lives and have problems of their own but went out of their way to help me out. My ex-wife even asked me if there was anything she could do.

My employer has also been very understanding and is working with me. Because of this I should have no problem when it comes time to close on my new house which is coming up soon.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:27 am

How’s the eye?

And the house?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am

oliblish wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:31 am
Red Ryder wrote:How’s the eye? Any updates?
I had a cornea transplant surgery a couple of weeks ago. My doctor told me yesterday it successfully got rid of the amoeba problem!

I am feeling much better and light sensitivity is slowly improving. I hope to return to work in two or three weeks. My vision is still very poor in that eye and it will probably be over a year before I can see much with my right eye. But overall I am extremely happy with how things are working out.

This is by far the most difficult thing I have gone through in my life. There were days when I wasn’t sure how I was going get through it. Truly some dark times - literally.
That's fantastic news. I'm just reading about this now. Positive vibes of healing for your continued recovery Oliblish! You've been through a lot.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:30 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:27 am
How’s the eye?

And the house?
I haven't logged-in to this board for several months. I was able to return to work in August. My eye is much better than it was. The pain and light sensitivity are gone, but everything is extremely blurry. I usually close my one eye when I drive because I can see better that way. I will be having an additional eye surgery in a few months and hopefully I can get where I can focus and read with that eye.

I moved into my new house at the end of October. It is a considerable downsize from where I lived before but it is nice. It is close to my work and very convenient.

I am just glad to have 2021 in the rear-view mirror!

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:23 pm

Really glad to hear things are improving. Nothing throws curve balls like this life. It can be a little hellish while you're in the middle of it but really makes you appreciate being on the other side.

Hoping you make full recovery. 👍
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington