Spiritual experience at Longhorn Steakhouse

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Spiritual experience at Longhorn Steakhouse

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:41 am

Mrs. Hagoth and I had our first experience dining in an indoor restaurant filled with people since the pandemic started . And my first steak. About 2 bites into the steak I "felt the spirit" to a degree that, if I had ever felt it while praying about the Book of Mormon, would have secured my testimony for another decade.

Medium New York Strip with fries is true!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Wonderment

Re: Spiritual experience at Longhorn Steakhouse

Post by Wonderment » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Thank you for sharing the spirit !! Your testimony has prompted me to make plans to go to the steakhouse with Mr. Wonderment tomorrow night. I'm not sure if California restaurants are open to a full indoors crowd, but neverthless, we will have a great spiritual experience in the tent in the parking lot !! :lol: :lol: :lol: Tender mercies, indeed. - :D - Wndr.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm

I’m going to be up in your neck of the woods next week. Perhaps we could get together for a spiritual lunch on Friday? :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:09 pm

OMG, I went to Texas Roadhouse a few days ago and had a most amazing, tender, delicious Ribeye. I felt the spirit as well. My testimony is that steakhouses are true.
~2bizE

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:18 pm

We went to Texas Roadhouse a few weeks ago and when those rolls with the apple butter came in... I knew that those rolls had the spirit baked into them.

Seriously - I love those rolls almost as much as I like the steak, and I love steak.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:05 pm

I'm wondering if the spiritual steak experience could be enhanced with the use of A1 Bold and Spicy or else Lea & Perrins Wooster Sauce.

Anyway, Bon Appetit at the Stake Center.

Could Pad Thai be the middle path of the Buddha? Chow Fun as the way of the Tao? Tuna Casserole with corn flakes on top and a side of fry sauce as the Grand Key to the LDS Temple?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:17 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:53 pm
I’m going to be up in your neck of the woods next week. Perhaps we could get together for a spiritual lunch on Friday? :lol:
I'll PM.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Met your brother today at the St. Judas the Traitor meetup. Nice guy, and he had some fascinating stories. We were all spiritually fed. :lol: Glad he was able to make it.

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm

moksha wrote:I'm wondering if the spiritual steak experience could be enhanced with the use of A1 Bold and Spicy or else Lea & Perrins Wooster Sauce.

Anyway, Bon Appetit at the Stake Center.

Could Pad Thai be the middle path of the Buddha? Chow Fun as the way of the Tao? Tuna Casserole with corn flakes on top and a side of fry sauce as the Grand Key to the LDS Temple?
Adding any sauce to a New York Steak is not the true order of things. It is heresy and of the devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

hmb

Post by hmb » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:12 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:05 pm
Tuna Casserole with corn flakes on top and a side of fry sauce as the Grand Key to the LDS Temple?
Don't forget the green jello with shredded something, most likely carrots and/or cabbage. Yum (barf emoji).

I'm not in the true order. I always have it well done, add A-1, and give about 3/4 of any meat to my dog. Give me potatoes and bread.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am

Hermey wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:29 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Met your brother today at the St. Judas the Traitor meetup. Nice guy, and he had some fascinating stories. We were all spiritually fed. :lol: Glad he was able to make it.
I heard!

I love his story about meeting with the GA and asking if they get paid. I wish he would have recorded the meeting.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:17 am

I "feel the holy spook" (get a bit emotional) pretty much every time I go out in public nowadays and see people acting like normal people, without masks and not afraid to break the six-foot COVID personal-space barrier. Even just waiting in line this last weekend to pick up takeout gave me the warm-fuzzy-ghost emotions. Watching the line form for the "evening rush" just made me happy. I also "accidentally" met-up with some friends I hadn't seen for quite a while, and actually gave them fluffy hugs. (It's the simple things, eh?)

I "know" that experiencing the (hopeful) end of a pandemic is " True™ "

The above sentence was typed while attempting to hold back tears ala Eyring. :ugeek:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am
I love his story about meeting with the GA and asking if they get paid. I wish he would have recorded the meeting.
Tell us the story, please.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:07 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:20 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am
Tell us the story, please.
Paraphrasing here. My brother was fortunate to meet with a fairly known GA to discuss his concerns. He pointed out that he felt the institution was being dishonest and brought up GA’s getting paid as an example. The GA denied and then when confronted about the paystubs posted on the internet he changed his answer to “we get a small parsonage.”

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:07 am
[The GA denied and then when confronted about the paystubs posted on the internet he changed his answer to “we get a small parsonage.”
The same pattern of 1) denial, followed by 2) contrary evidence, followed by 3) admission & deflection that we all saw in the Holland BBC interview. It must be official church policy. Maybe it's esoteric doctrine that Jesus personally teaches them as part of the Second Anointing.