Lunch with Red Ryder anyone?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Re: Lunch with Red Ryder anyone?

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm

2bizE wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:00 pm
Please return and report on the meet-up. What did you discover/learn?
The church has lost some of the best and brightest priesthood holders and future generations. There’s an instant bond when meeting fellow NOM’s that have been down a familiar path.

This trip to SLC has taught me that the church has lost its influence among the youth. Earlier this morning we dined at a breakfast place in Provo and the place was packed with college age kids. Some seemingly unaware that their temple garments were showing while innocently breaking the sabbath day and chatting about their BYU wards. It was refreshing to see.

Utah is no longer the Utah of my youth nor the church the church of my youth. Perhaps someday it will fade to irrelevance but you can still see the influence of the theocracy on everyday life here.

I don’t know how you NOMs living here do it day in day out. The traffic is horrible too!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

stuck

Re: Lunch with Red Ryder anyone?

Post by stuck » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:37 am

It was great meeting everyone! Like Red Ryder said there was an instant bond. I was the only one without facial hair though. I guess I'll have to do something about that :lol: