Q: What's the difference between...

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Q: What's the difference between...

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 am

...televangelists and LDS leaders?

A: televangelists just want your money. LDS leaders want your money and everything else.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

annotatedbom

Re: Q: What's the difference between...

Post by annotatedbom » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:16 am

Hahaaaaa! Would click a like button for this if there were one, because the observation is sad, funny, and true!

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Ha ha. True :lol: :lol:
~2bizE

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:38 pm

LDS leaders don’t televangelize on Saturday nights anymore?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm

I suggest that televangelists will at least make some contact with their followers every week. LDS leaders like to get their underlings to demand money as much as possible.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:07 am

Kenneth Copeland is the wealthiest of the televangelist with a net worth of 300 Million. Mere pikers compared to the Mormon economic empire. The Televangelists spend lavishly on material goods, Mormons know not to flaunt their Church gained riches. Numbered Swiss bank accounts for them.

Creflo Dollar thinks he needs multiple private jets in order to be self-actualized.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

1smartdodog

Post by 1smartdodog » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:42 am

Mormons think because their leaders speak in soft monotone voices what they say is from god. They are put of by the energy other evangelists put into their act. In the end it is the same, promises but no tangible results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:13 am

1smartdodog wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:42 am
Mormons think because their leaders speak in soft monotone voices what they say is from god. They are put of by the energy other evangelists put into their act. In the end it is the same, promises but no tangible results.
It all boils down to the same thing; the taking of the name of God in vain. That's what I think that commandment refers to, twisting God's name to your own advantage, not to something that might pop out of your mouth when you hit your thumb with a hammer.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

lostinmiddlemormonism

Post by lostinmiddlemormonism » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:50 am

1smartdodog wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:42 am
Mormons think because their leaders speak in soft monotone voices what they say is from god. They are put of by the energy other evangelists put into their act. In the end it is the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...an act.