Happy New Year NOM!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
trophywife26.2

Happy New Year NOM!

Post by trophywife26.2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:02 pm

It's a little early, but I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year. Here's hoping you can each navigate your relationship with the church on your own terms, while showing love to your family and receiving the same back from them in this upcoming year.

Cheers Nommies!
Even if it's something disappointing, it's still better to know the truth. Because people can deal with disappointment. And once they've done that, they can feel that they have really grown. And that can be such a good feeling. -Fred Rogers

Truth or Dare

Re: Happy New Year NOM!

Post by Truth or Dare » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:22 am

Happy New Year! 2016 was the first year of my life where I never set foot in an LDS church. Looking forward to more of the same in 2017! Cheers! :D

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:32 am

Truth or Dare wrote:Happy New Year! 2016 was the first year of my life where I never set foot in an LDS church. Looking forward to more of the same in 2017! Cheers! :D
And welcome to NOM 2.0, Truth or Dare!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:55 am

Happy, Happy New Year to everyone on NOM - I owe a lot to so many of you; you held me together and helped me find the answers when I joined the original site nearly two years ago. Now I am a free person!
Silver Girl is sailing into the future. She is no longer scared.

NOMinally Mormon

Post by NOMinally Mormon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:13 am

I went through the entire year 2016 with 0 LDS church attendance. My last time in sac mtg was some time in late 2015. I just did the slow fade, though unintentionally. So heres to my first year out of the church.

Anyway, happy 2017, everybody!

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:20 am

Happy New Year from the frozen north.

May we find joy in life, peace in our relationships, and truly increase the love around us.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

Truth or Dare

Post by Truth or Dare » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:12 am

Hagoth wrote:
Truth or Dare wrote:Happy New Year! 2016 was the first year of my life where I never set foot in an LDS church. Looking forward to more of the same in 2017! Cheers! :D
And welcome to NOM 2.0, Truth or Dare!
Thanks, glad we got this train back on the tracks!