Kerry Shirts interview on RFM

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Kerry Shirts interview on RFM

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:35 pm

Finally, you can see the Backyard Professor's interview. Can we talk Hagoth into being next? Maybe not, but you can enjoy Kerry right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nwLnKrkJqc
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Re: Kerry Shirts interview on RFM

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:04 am

Wow, that's an interview of Dehlinian proportions. Looking forward to listening!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:47 am

It was a really interesting interview. I didn't know Kerry was one of four founding members of FAIR. The story of the fallout that resulted from FAIR members asking honest questions was fascinating, and how FAIR began clamping down on thought & speech once a General Authority was brought on board as an overseer.

I wonder how long the interview would have gone if RFM didn't keep steering Kerry back on track! His mind is ten freight trains running in different directions at the same time. All at full speed.

I was inspired by his decision early in life to never be bored, and his success in realizing that goal.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:56 pm

That was a fascinating interview. I was eagerly awaiting what changed in his perspective that would put Kerry on the outside of FAIR and the church. His story of understanding his own biases was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how Kerry had to be honest with himself and follow his own path for personal integrity. He knew all of the great answers and evidences, but once he comprehended motivated reasoning and the "Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy" he had to get out.

græy

Post by græy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:12 pm

I am getting REALLY far behind on my podcast view. I may need to skip a few (dozen) other podcasts to get this one sooner rather than later.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm

I hope they do a few more of these.

Hint, hint consiglieri/RFM & Apologeticsislying. ;)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...