Quentin Cook's introduction

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
blazerb

Quentin Cook's introduction

Post by blazerb » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:10 am

Jonathan Streeter posted a speech by Quentin Cook about religious liberty. I haven't listened to the whole thing. What caught my attention is that about 15 seconds in, his introduction mentions his presidency of a "California healthcare system." That takes guts to get control of a hospital through ethically ambiguous methods and turn it into a bullet point on your CV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikb5oGHWViA

2bizE

Re: Quentin Cook's introduction

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:51 pm

I read about how he took down that hospital in California. I also read that the district attorney would have press charges against Cook if it were not for the statute of limitations running out….
Last edited by 2bizE on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~2bizE

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 pm

It's like Trump describing how he singlehandedly rid the world of the artwork on the old Bonwit Teller Building. He quickly had the art panels smashed that the preservationists were in the process of saving.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:40 am

He's got a lot of damn gall invoking the Civil Rights Movement, talking about how MLK Jr. was his hero, and touting his relationships with MLK Jr.'s son and the NAACP when the organization that he now helps lead was actively and viciously discriminating against blacks until 1978.

Elder Cook is an intellectual lightweight, and has all the personality God gave a soda cracker. But the Church likes lawyers and nepotism, and as a lawyer who is a former mission companion of President Holland he ticked the boxes. It also has a thing for shadiness, and nothing is shadier than Elder Cook's dealings in the whole Marin County hospital episode. But what an uninspiring, small-minded man.

And don't even get me started on the Religious Liberty Bogeyman.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Just wait until Bednar becomes part of the 1st presidency he already claims anything he says is scripture !!!

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:31 pm

Is there a TLDR version of the hospital thing?

I’ve heard about it for years but never bothered reading about it.

I didn’t know he was a comp with Holland. That’s hilarious.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Not Buying It

Post by Not Buying It » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:17 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Is there a TLDR version of the hospital thing?

I’ve heard about it for years but never bothered reading about it.

I didn’t know he was a comp with Holland. That’s hilarious.
https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... _its_time/

Dude's a scumbag.
"The truth is elegantly simple. The lie needs complex apologia. 4 simple words: Joe made it up. It answers everything with the perfect simplicity of Occam's Razor. Every convoluted excuse withers." - Some guy on Reddit called disposazelph

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:05 am

Youreacrook.png
Youreacrook.png (197.74 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

During his intro the priest says something to the lady he is sitting by and they both laugh. So maybe no one besides TBMs even like him.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound