“We really want buttery soft fabric”

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
wtfluff

Re: “We really want buttery soft fabric”

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Dr. Licious wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am
I am in the military and the church allows you to purchase your own shirts and bottoms (as long as the inseam is 7") and have them sent in and the garment marks are added. The silkscreen the marks on the inside so you can't see them. So it's feasible they could allow something like this.
I loathe the church bottoms for men, so now all my bottoms are solid black Under Armor.
Well, there you go.

If anyone ever ask about my Polygamy Pantaloon wearing habits in the future, I'm going to lie my @ss off and tell them that I have had ALL of my clothing "sent in" to have the Polygamist-Brick-Layer symbols silkscreened on the inside. What? You can't see the symbols? The silly folks who did the silkscreening must have used some type of invisible ink because I can't see the markings either, and they didn't include any Magick Kolboian Decoder Glasses when my clothing was returned.

I'm not in the military you say? Of course I'm not! I just lied to the "Silkscreeners" about my military status, just like all of the lies in the previous paragraph.

The fact that LD$-Inc. can turn Under Armor into Polygamy Pantaloons proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that the "Approved Pattern" means absolutely nothing, and LD$-Inc. knows it.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm
Dr. Licious wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am
I am in the military and the church allows you to purchase your own shirts and bottoms (as long as the inseam is 7") and have them sent in and the garment marks are added. The silkscreen the marks on the inside so you can't see them. So it's feasible they could allow something like this.
I loathe the church bottoms for men, so now all my bottoms are solid black Under Armor.
Well, there you go.

If anyone ever ask about my Polygamy Pantaloon wearing habits in the future, I'm going to lie my @ss off and tell them that I have had ALL of my clothing "sent in" to have the Polygamist-Brick-Layer symbols silkscreened on the inside. What? You can't see the symbols? The silly folks who did the silkscreening must have used some type of invisible ink because I can't see the markings either, and they didn't include any Magick Kolboian Decoder Glasses when my clothing was returned.

I'm not in the military you say? Of course I'm not! I just lied to the "Silkscreeners" about my military status, just like all of the lies in the previous paragraph.

The fact that LD$-Inc. can turn Under Armor into Polygamy Pantaloons proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that the "Approved Pattern" means absolutely nothing, and LD$-Inc. knows it.

Yeah, when they "legally" can be put on just about any garment, that really undermines their position about the approval process. Really all they need to do is make a kit of iron on transfers that anyone can do at home, that's all that is needed. It would cost them a few pennies to make such a kit and they can even include a small pamphlet on what they consider appropriate clothing to put them on. Much lower cost for the church and the member.

The fact they push the common member so much to buy from them makes me think there is an ulterior motive for their push for garments. How much do they make off of them? Yes they are sold for cheap, but what is labor and materiel costs? If labor is free from missionaries and materiel is sources dirt cheap from overseas, they can still be making a profit and building their investment portfolio.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Dr. Licious wrote: I am in the military and the church allows you to purchase your own shirts and bottoms (as long as the inseam is 7") and have them sent in and the garment marks are added. The silkscreen the marks on the inside so you can't see them. So it's feasible they could allow something like this.
One of the few changes awhile back was silk screen symbols on the inside of the garment.

The wife complains they have started to peel off and irritate her nipples. :shock:

At this point if the members are going to rebel and go grass roots, why not push for no garments outside of the temple?

Then the Mormons can have their funny ordinances and underwear while the rest of the world never had to see it? Win win!

If anything how about tattooing the symbols as part of the initiatory and endowment? Talk about a Permanent outward expression of an inner commitment!

For Fluffy’s sake you could even tattoo in glow in the dark ink? So that the two old men at the front counter ask the members to flash their breasts for a scan as they walk in. You’ll never have a shortage of temple workers. Hell, even tattoo the temple recommend bar code on them.

There’s a million better solutions than garments.

Serious part is more people may actually join the church. We had so many friends and neighbors that were interested in the church but were hung up in wearing garments. They noted out because it was all too weird for them.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:05 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm
One of the few changes awhile back was silk screen symbols on the inside of the garment.

The wife complains they have started to peel off and irritate her nipples. :shock:

At this point if the members are going to rebel and go grass roots, why not push for no garments outside of the temple?

Then the Mormons can have their funny ordinances and underwear while the rest of the world never had to see it? Win win!

If anything how about tattooing the symbols as part of the initiatory and endowment? Talk about a Permanent outward expression of an inner commitment!

For Fluffy’s sake you could even tattoo in glow in the dark ink? So that the two old men at the front counter ask the members to flash their breasts for a scan as they walk in. You’ll never have a shortage of temple workers. Hell, even tattoo the temple recommend bar code on them.

There’s a million better solutions than garments.

Serious part is more people may actually join the church. We had so many friends and neighbors that were interested in the church but were hung up in wearing garments. They noted out because it was all too weird for them.
I endorse this post. :lol:

Especially the part about "Ceremonial religious clothing should be worn: During religious ceremonies, and NEVER any other time."

Oh, and I would prefer to have my Brick-Layer symbols tattooed in black-light ink.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:14 pm

“We really want Fluffy™️ soft fabric...”

I can see the ads now....

Free Mason underwear!

Get your free pair by listening to 6 discussions about the plan of groutyness.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:14 pm
“We really want Fluffy™️ soft fabric...”

I can see the ads now....

Free Mason underwear!

Get your free pair by listening to 6 discussions about the plan of groutyness.
HA! I approve of this post also,

Now... How do we symbolize that the brick-layer is also a polygamist? A baker-shaped hard-hat? Some sort of Fake, Green Silk™ clothing addition?

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 pm

One point made in the article is there are many ways that our commitment or reminders of the covenants could be managed other than underwear. Why did JS choose underwear as the symbol? Why not a ring, or necklace, or bracelet…why underwear??
~2bizE

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 am

The whole point of the endowment originally was a way to make people get more VIP access part of their entry into the secret world of early Mormon polygamy. The whole point of jewelry is to be seen and that goes against the secret nature of polygamy at the time. It's a lot easier to keep secrets with underwear. Even easier when said underwear is only worn when in a secret religious ceremony and not worn in public.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:51 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:22 pm
HA! I approve of this post also,

Now... How do we symbolize that the brick-layer is also a polygamist? A baker-shaped hard-hat? Some sort of Fake, Green Silk™ clothing addition?
I’m going to hell for this:

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:51 pm
I’m going to hell for this:
It's going to be awesome there, isn't it? No pantaloons or fake green silk allowed!

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

AdmiralHoldo

Post by AdmiralHoldo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:24 pm

I don't want softer fabric (which would cost more and wear out faster).

I want the patriarchy to get its damn hands off my breasts, ass, and genitals. I want to stop being punished for daring to exist in a female body.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 pm

What if General Authorities were to apply blue dye to themselves, just like the Druids? That way their symbolism would be sufficient for the rest of us.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm
Yeah, when they "legally" can be put on just about any garment, that really undermines their position about the approval process.
Just about any garment, you say?

I know of a lady named Victoria who has some interesting secrets. I'm sure those secrets would function just fine in military use. We've all seen M*A*S*H, right?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

stuck

Post by stuck » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Corsair wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 am
stuck wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 pm
Maybe they could get out of the underwear business and get into the ring business like the Masons :D
I think that the Masons already have entirely too much influence over LDS spiritual practices. I can imagine the rollout of the jewelry: "For decades you have enjoyed temple worship with Masonic roots. Now you can publicly display those Masonic influences with a new line of themed rings and necklaces! It's the Virtue Signaller Collection, now available at Deseret Book."
Yeah, I think it's actually a bad idea especially for those of us on the margins already (like wearing blue shirts to church). It would be nice if they just did away with garments altogether but as a "cult" the church likes to have conformity :x