Garment shortage?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Garment shortage?

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:18 pm

I heard there’s a shortage on garments. Apparently you can only purchase up to 5 pairs now?

Seems strange. Why not 7 pair so newly endowed members can have a weeks worth before laundry days?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

nibbler

Re: Garment shortage?

Post by nibbler » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:21 am

Yes, I ordered some recently and it took about 6 months for them to arrive.

The whole time I was thinking, "Fine, I guess I won't wear garments."
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:30 am

So many in the Church have been trying to find solutions to the COVID problem that did not involve being inundated with nanobots from Bill Gates, that they have caused a shortage. Fortunately, they have been stored in the compound bomb shelter next to the hard wheat.

Hope that helps.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:31 am

Trouble importing from the super cheap factories in Asia? That volunteer labor in Utah was just too expensive.

To be fair, working with textiles in an industrial scale, like everything else, fabrics supplies are limited these days. Non-woven fabrics have been through a cycle of availability and non-availability for the last year and a half. On top of that, with the return of mask mandates, mask demand is rising sharply so supplies of woven and non woven fabrics are getting diverted to go to mask production. I could easily see LDSInc. having supply chain problems, like everyone else.

Maybe that's part of the reason for the smaller sleeves and sorter bottoms on women's garments is to reduce materiel usage, that way they both increase profit margins and reduce demand for already tight materiel supply. And in doing so, they are able to produce garments more popular with women for a nice side benefit in addition to the cost savings.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:37 am

Just This Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:31 am

Maybe that's part of the reason for the smaller sleeves and sorter bottoms on women's garments is to reduce materiel usage, that way they both increase profit margins and reduce demand for already tight materiel supply. And in doing so, they are able to produce garments more popular with women for a nice side benefit in addition to the cost savings.
With that logic, perhaps they can create a thong. That would save a lot of fabric, though the embroidered symbol may be more irritating :lol: .

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:42 am

hmb wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:37 am
Just This Guy wrote:

With that logic, perhaps they can create a thong. That would save a lot of fabric, though the embroidered symbol may be more irritating :lol: .
If you build it they will come... (No pun intended. Seriously, I don't want to even think about the puns from this one. My apologies to everyone.)

I would actually not be surprised if that was very popular in Mormondom. With the church and cultural pressure for women to support their priesthood holder in every way possible and to put on a show for the public of how righteous they are, that would be a perfect way to fulfill that mentality.

Just don't make me have to see them...

Oh, and I expect the underhanded garnet checks to get really personal really fast.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:39 pm

hmb wrote:
Just This Guy wrote:

Hmb’s phone is ringing:
Hi hmb....Uh, ahem, This is president Nelson. I’ve got a Director of Manufacturing job opening in the garment department. Please bring your ideas, patterns, and portfolio pictures to your interview. Can you start on Tuesday? Free parking on us.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:39 pm
hmb wrote:
Just This Guy wrote:

Hmb’s phone is ringing:
Hi hmb....Uh, ahem, This is president Nelson. I’ve got a Director of Manufacturing job opening in the garment department. Please bring your ideas, patterns, and portfolio pictures to your interview. Can you start on Tuesday? Free parking on us.
Sure, happy to. This geriatric will even model them for y'all. Bring your singles.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:30 pm

With the garment shortage we are now authorized to just wear pasties….er…um… stickers.
~2bizE

oliblish

Post by oliblish » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:11 pm

2bizE wrote:With the garment shortage we are now authorized to just wear pasties….er…um… stickers.
There was a website where you could buy iron on decals to turn any underwear into garments. It is gone now but you can see it via the way back machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2015122203 ... -it-works/
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:34 pm

oliblish wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:11 pm
2bizE wrote:With the garment shortage we are now authorized to just wear pasties….er…um… stickers.
There was a website where you could buy iron on decals to turn any underwear into garments. It is gone now but you can see it via the way back machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2015122203 ... -it-works/
I wonder if LD$-Inc. has any of their billions invested in Sharpie?
Sharpie_.jpg
Sharpie_.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 3064 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...