Who thinks they're going to the CK?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
deacon blues

Re: Who thinks they're going to the CK?

Post by deacon blues » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:14 pm

It's possible that the most advanced aliens in the universe have figured how to run the universe, and they settled down on a Celestial planet near Kolob. But is it possible that they use the endowment ceremony as initiation to their planet?? :shock:

If I can think up this kind of stuff I guess I'm not going to CK. :cry:
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm
He's pretty much all over the place.
Maybe if you reach the Celestial Kingdom, you get to choose which god template to follow. And if scripture is any guide, you can change that on a whim as you go along. Petulant child, vindictive based on arbitrary and poorly-communicated rules, genocidal, conditionally loving, merciful, genuinely caring, your options are endless and so are you.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:22 am

Ghost wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am
Hagoth wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:26 pm
He's pretty much all over the place.
Maybe if you reach the Celestial Kingdom, you get to choose which god template to follow. And if scripture is any guide, you can change that on a whim as you go along. Petulant child, vindictive based on arbitrary and poorly-communicated rules, genocidal, conditionally loving, merciful, genuinely caring, your options are endless and so are you.
The only exception is that you MUST punish your children eternally for their slip-ups. Otherwise, according to the Book of Mormon, you will cease to be God.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."