Debate night: RFM vs Midnight Mormoms

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
moksha

Re: Debate night: RFM vs Midnight Mormoms

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:21 am
... but do you have any details about tickets or entrance rituals, Moksha?
Maybe knock on the door and when the guard opens the lookout window repeat the phrase, "Do you serve Pele Ale here?"

They will love to have you Hagoth.

RFM has a Pre-Debate Tailgate Party video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x37v2xc99QU

You might want to call McRaney's CAMPUS Church to double-check. Not sure how many people Midnight Mormon will be bringing from BYU, but RFM could undoubtedly benefit from your moral support. I hope you meet because I think you would make for an ideal guest for his show.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks Moksha. I enjoyed that but I hope all of the debating about the debate is behind us now and that the MMs won't use it as an excuse to waste time. I also hope McCraney will be quick with the gavel to keep the respondents on topic. I'm also hoping that the MM's responses will be restricted to one respondent per question to avoid their smokescreen-of-noise approach.

As of now, I'm planning to show up about a half hour early and try to get a seat. See you there? If any other NOMs show up and we don't get a seat we can at least go out for coffee or french fries together.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:34 am
Thanks Moksha. I enjoyed that but I hope all of the debating about the debate is behind us now and that the MMs won't use it as an excuse to waste time. I also hope McCraney will be quick with the gavel to keep the respondents on topic. I'm also hoping that the MM's responses will be restricted to one respondent per question to avoid their smokescreen-of-noise approach.

As of now, I'm planning to show up about a half hour early and try to get a seat. See you there? If any other NOMs show up and we don't get a seat we can at least go out for coffee or french fries together.
I hope you get in! I'll do a watch thread on NOM for anyone who want to experience the clusterf%&k in real time.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:08 am

MoPag wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:21 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:34 am

I hope you get in! I'll do a watch thread on NOM for anyone who want to experience the clusterf%&k in real time.
Is it going to be recorded? Thanks for doing the watch thread. I will enjoy reading the comments.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:23 pm

I'm standing in line. Pretty sure I'm going to make it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Made it!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Made it!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:48 pm

The MMs are wearing bullet-proof vests!