New garment survey

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

New garment survey

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:06 pm

It looks like anyone can complete this survey.
It’s pretty detailed and asks about fit, durability, why you wear it, and membership status and overall belief. Fairly detailed questions about irritants, hygiene, and vagina health.

I answered it as a Mormon woman in her 20’s. :lol:

https://research.churchofjesuschrist.o ... PErHsyrgjQ
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Re: New garment survey

Post by 2bizE » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:07 pm

I took the survey. Takes about 20 minutes.
~2bizE

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:46 pm

New Garment Survey wrote:This survey can only be taken by invitation.
I guess that I'll spend those 20 minutes researching how often Elohim changes his mind based on a survey.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:01 am

"This survey can only be taken by invitation"

I got one about 5 or 6 years ago (the only survey I've ever received). They only asked about fit and fabrics... and now the garment choices are terrible compared to what they were.

I was hoping that the questions would really get at whether to relax garment wearing (limit to temple only). Unfortunately the only questions they asked on that survey appeared to have the goal of answering the question, "On a scale from nine to 10, how good of a job are we doing at making the garment as prudish and ill-fitting as possible?"

I hope they have questions on the new one like:
On a scale of one to 10, how likely are you to wear garments?
On a scale of one to 10, how much do you enjoy wearing garments?
etc.
and not:
Do you prefer garments that poke out of one t-shirt arm hole or both t-shirt arm holes?
Do you prefer garments that are made out of the same burlap we put on church walls or ones where you constantly have to pick at you crotch all day?
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:59 am

Q: How important is it to you that others can see a celestial t-shirt under your earthly t-shirt to provide a subliminal que that they will subconsciously interpret as your countenance as glowing from the light of the gospel?

Q: Do you prefer hems that are thick enough to be seen through your clothes or do you prefer to have people sneak a shoulder or thigh touch to determine if you are wearing garments?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:27 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:46 pm
New Garment Survey wrote:This survey can only be taken by invitation.
I guess that I'll spend those 20 minutes researching how often Elohim changes his mind based on a survey.
What the hell?

They locked it down to invitation only?

I saw the link on Reddit and took the survey. Posted it here. Never got an invitation. It let me take it.

I knew I should have taken screen shots.

The questions were good. It actually asked if you wore them regularly to rate your body image and implied feeling attractive. No response for “Hell No!” 😂

It’s a shame they locked it down.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:59 am

I took about 20 screen shots - I just need to get them up somewhere later... I stupidly used wix for ldsdiscussions.com so I am maxed on pages so I would have to delete something to add them.

I'll add them later though - if you showed these to people out of the church this survey would scream cult.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:19 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:59 am
I took about 20 screen shots - I just need to get them up somewhere later... I stupidly used wix for ldsdiscussions.com so I am maxed on pages so I would have to delete something to add them.

I'll add them later though - if you showed these to people out of the church this survey would scream cult.
Upload your screen shots to imgur.com and link them here. I would be happy to get them public if you want some assistance.

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:57 pm

They probably locked it down because of too many responses like mine.

I took it and was quite honest without being nasty. I answered it as a former member who (for reasons I prefer not to discuss) still wears the garment.

I told them I hoped that didn't hurt their feelings.

In the end they asked for a kind of summation where in I did tell them that I was still a Christian, believed in Christ, kept the Biblical commandments, and thought that the LDS church could be a great institution if the leadership would just repent, dump Joseph Smith, lose the BofM, D&C, PofGP and start truly following Christ.

Not sure how that went over. 8-)
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington