Kanpai!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Linked

Kanpai!

Post by Linked » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:15 pm

In Japan people say "Kanpai!" in the same situations you would say "Cheers!" in the US. At Disneyland recently my wife, kids and I all raised our glasses of lemonade and mint juleps and shared a "Kanpai!"

My 7 year old apparently enjoyed it, because at church yesterday he stopped me from drinking the sacrament water and whispered "Kanpai!" and knocked sacrament cups with me :lol: . He's gonna be alright.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Corsair

Re: Kanpai!

Post by Corsair » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Let me know when this special experience gets a proper write up in the next issued the "Friend" magazine.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Super cute! To me, that is more of a spiritual experience than the Sacrament in and of itself!
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Perhaps you could make a toast with the sacrament bread.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

græy

Post by græy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Sounds like some fun family memories! Keep it up! :D
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack