If you talk to a BYU _______ Professor…

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

If you talk to a BYU _______ Professor…

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm

I got a chuckle out of Hagoth and Just this Guy’s response to Greay’s professor post.

Thought it would be funny to continue the “if you talk to a BYU professor…” theme:
Just This Guy wrote:
“Hagoth” wrote: The BYU biology department teaches that evolution is true. That blows the Biblical Creation/Eden story out of the water and requires that it is purely symbolic. If The Fall is symbolic, does that mean Jesus' redemption from The Fall is also merely symbolic?
I think someone from the old board said this, but I could be wrong.

If you talk to a BYU Biology professor, they will say that, yes, evolution is fact, but everything else about the church is true.

If you talk to a BYU Egyptology professor, they will say that, no, the BOA is not a direct translation, but everything else about the church is true.

If you talk to a BYU Paleontology professor, they will say that, yes, dinosaurs existed millions of years ago, but everything else about the church is true.

If you talk to a BYU Meso-American Studies professor, they will say that, no, the BOM is not a literal history of the Native Americans, but everything else about the church is true.
And on and on...

Each person will recognize the facts in their field will prove one part of the church's story is wrong, but will compartmentalize and ignore everything else. But when you look at everything together, it is clear that every aspect of the church is dis-proven by modern science.
If you talk to a BYU Marriage and Family professor, they will say that, yes, Smith was a polygamist, but everything else about the church is true.

If you talk to a BYU Accounting professor, they will say that, paying 10% of your income won’t make you wealthy, but everything else about the church is true.

If you talk to a BYU African American Studies Professor, they will say that…. Wait… uh, you’ll have to talk to a University of Utah professor and they will say that, nothing about the church is true! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

A New Name

Re: If you talk to a BYU _______ Professor…

Post by A New Name » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:42 pm

If you talk to a BYU law professor, they will say that Kirton McConkie does shady things for the church, but everything else about the church is true.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm
If you talk to a BYU African American Studies Professor, they will say that…. Wait… uh, you’ll have to talk to a University of Utah professor and they will say that, nothing about the church is true! :lol:
Okay, you got me with this one. :lol: :lol:
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:49 am

You can ask a BYU Women's Studies Professor about their field, but they have to get it cleared by their priesthood leader before they can answer.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:40 am

If you talk to a BYU Public Relations professor, they will say that Gordon B. Hinckley invented the internet, not knowing that everything that proves the church false can be found there.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:40 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:40 am
If you talk to a BYU Public Relations professor, they will say that Gordon B. Hinckley invented the internet, not knowing that everything that proves the church false can be found there.
And I always thought it was Al Gore :lol:
~2bizE