I'm just angry tonight.

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
blazerb

I'm just angry tonight.

Post by blazerb » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 pm

I'm feeling angry. This is just a vent session.

I'm pissed at a church that shames you to the max if you turn down a calling, then when a calling is too much happily tells you that it was your own fault for not explaining that you could not accept the calling. I am outraged at a church that will produce all manner of lessons, pictures and articles teaching things that they know are not true and then tell you it was your own fault for not doing research. I am furious at a church that preaches all manner of dogma twice a year to the world then says in a low profile meeting that they aren't going to talk about exceptions. Members are responsible for deciding if they are exceptions or not to the counsel given. What the hell good is a prophet who won't tell you if you're an exception? We don't need a prophet to say, "Be kind," or "Don't steal," or "Don't snort blow off hookers' backsides." Common sense tells us these are problematic behaviors. I guess my own common sense is what they quietly teach that I'm supposed to depend on anyway. Then they can publicly shame me for not following them. They get their six figure salaries so they can take vacations and hang out with other important people. They provide no value to the world. The church is a dumpster fire that kept me trapped for too long.

That is all. I feel better.

jfro18

Re: I'm just angry tonight.

Post by jfro18 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm

I'm with you!

No need for me to add on to this - it's well spoken and should be the script for fast and testimony meeting tomorrow. :)

And being able to rant like this is what makes NOM great.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:24 pm

This will help us ponderize our anger:

Place to put information when I am too lazy to make a new thread:

http://www.bidstrup.com/ldsfinances.htm
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:54 am

jfro18 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm
I'm with you!

No need for me to add on to this - it's well spoken and should be the script for fast and testimony meeting tomorrow. :)

And being able to rant like this is what makes NOM great.
Thank you! F&T meeting? I might think about it.
moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:24 pm
This will help us ponderize our anger:

I remember when I used to read BCC. Steve Evans, I think, used to say that the church should reconsider any action that would look culty if it were done by Scientologists. That seems to cover most church actions. I love the name "Ziontology."

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:34 am

blazerb wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 pm
I'm feeling angry. This is just a vent session.
They get their six figure salaries so they can take vacations and hang out with other important people.
I thought they didn't have salaries. Isn't it six figure stipends? Bunch of other perks too?

I'm right there with you. Whatever happened to "Give up all you have and come follow me?" I suppose if you give up a lucrative job and it's benefits, that is a sacrifice. But when it's traded with a lucrative position and a fat amount of money, how is that a sacrifice? Wouldn't Jesus be a little upset that his leaders live as the wealthy while they won't even offer paid janitorial positions to some struggling members?

blazerb

Post by blazerb » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:45 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:24 pm

I thought about something after I posted last. Several years ago, before MormonLeaks, I was in a Gospel Doctrine class discussing the evils of a paid clergy, because the Book of Mormon has nothing good to say about paid clergy. The teacher asked, "Why would anyone want to pay their church leaders?" He said it in an ironic way, intending to convey that there was no reason to pay someone for church work. I raised my hand and pointed out that when you pay someone you also can exert control. Thus, church members can control what the leader says when they pay.

The Mormon leadership has been able to get around that. They get paid without any input from the members. I know some nuanced members who still attend, like Nemo, encourage members to vote opposed when leadership is presented for sustaining. But imagine what would happen if the entire membership voted opposed. The GA's could just tell everyone to eff off and then enjoy their hedge fund proceeds.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Ziontology! :lol:

We are the church run by business men. No one in leadership was ever trained on how to care for people. And it shows...
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Palerider

Post by Palerider » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:49 pm

MoPag wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 pm
Ziontology! :lol:

We are the church run by business men. No one in leadership was ever trained on how to care for people. And it shows...
They don't want to actually have to care for individuals. It's a little beneath them in reality. They don't want to wrestle with real problems. Their job is to deal with the masses.

Get 5 million people to raise their right arm to the square, then bow their heads and say "Yes....I will pay my tithing".

The only way to care for people in the Apostle paradigm is to teach them the gospel (brainwash them using the Joseph Smith method).
"There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily."

"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light."

George Washington

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:37 am

Well said. It's not our fault but we will always be blamed. The church and its leaders will never take any responsibility because protecting the institution is more important than the people in it. There is no other way.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:13 am

"Don't snort blow off hookers' backsides."

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? :lol:

Reminded me of the Seinfeld where George has sex with the cleaning lady on his desk at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB62oaOeqR0
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:44 am

RubinHighlander wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:13 am
"Don't snort blow off hookers' backsides."

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? :lol:

Reminded me of the Seinfeld where George has sex with the cleaning lady on his desk at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB62oaOeqR0
Well played!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode