The Branch is broke that is zero dollars !!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Mackman

The Branch is broke that is zero dollars !!!

Post by Mackman » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Well that's nice the branch president told us Sunday that any holiday church gatherings would have to be potluck with the church providing only the building nothing else as our branch is flat broke ! We are a small branch of older people in michigan with many or most of our members on social security all our children have grown and moved on with their life. At one time we were the leaders in the stake with more missionaries in the field the any other unit. Funny the church takes in all the tithing but gives little back to individual units for social/holiday events. The leaders must know this will not play well for the future I wonder what the end game is ? Is it just greed ? This little branch gave soooo much in its heyday what kind of thanks is this ? Sorry I am ranting a little but it's disgusting to me how the tscc is taking advantage of a once Great branch I am one of the few who is young enough and healthy enough to still be working at 62.

DPRoberts

Re: The Branch is broke that is zero dollars !!!

Post by DPRoberts » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 pm

I vote for greed. With the piles of cash the corporation sits atop they can certainly afford to give more to the budget for social events. For me it shows just how foolish and clueless the gerontocracy is. Why else would they think that "blessings" that seem mostly confined to the hereafter should be enough?

Perhaps one day they will awaken to discover that community was all they ever had to offer. By that time they will have killed the goose. It remains to be seen whether they will consider drawing on their stash of golden eggs, but the damage is being done and will not be easily undone.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 am

I wonder how a similar ward/branch would do in Utah? Would they have some funds due to being in Utah?? Michigan vs Utah. It would be interesting to see if there is any difference.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:53 pm

I can’t think of anything be greed. The church is hoarding gold like Smaug in The Hobbit, and paying little attention to members.
Unfortunately, this is not a new phenomenon. The church has been acting this way for many years. It felt like we had more control back when we had to raise our own funding to run the church….why did we ever have to pay for our own building fund? Seems now like it was worse back then. You had to give money the church and pay for the building you used in addition to the church party…I guess the church has always been greedy.
~2bizE

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:21 pm

Dialectic. Holding two truths at once.

In this case:

1) Unit budgets are rule governed and based on SM attendance. Lower attendance--less money.

AND

2) The church is hoarding more money than most human beings can even imagine.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode