Marriage on a Tight Rope Podcast?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Marriage on a Tight Rope Podcast?

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 pm

Anyone a regular listener to the Marriage on a tight rope podcast?

Is it safe for a TBM?
Is it valuable in helping each side understand the nuances of a faith crisis and validating each other?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

2bizE

Re: Marriage on a Tight Rope Podcast?

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:20 pm

Is this the one with Allan Mount and his TBM wife Kattie. I have listened to a few episodes and they were pretty good. It looks at different perspective and how they make a mixed
Religious marriage work.
~2bizE

Deepthinker

Post by Deepthinker » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 am

Yes, I've listened to many of them!

Prior to deciding on divorce, I listened to as many podcasts as I could about mixed faith marriages.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:41 pm

I think the name of the podcast has sort of kept me from being too interested. A tightrope assumes that your marriage is something that is in critical danger of falling to its death from the tiniest misstep or nudge. I think of my marriage as two people walking hand-in-hand on a pedestrian bridge with guard rails. Sure, one of us could jump off or push the other over the rail, but to do so they would have to care more about the voices of people shouting from either side of the bridge. To me it's those people who are walking tightropes. Their marriages couldn't endure what mine has. They are the ones who are in danger of losing their marriage to a puff of wind or a thrown stone.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

græy

Post by græy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:31 am

I'm very late to this thread and may have missed my chance to matter here, but I have been a listener to Marriage on a Tightrope since it first launched. It is absolutely safe for a TBM. In fact TBM/PM (Post Member as they call it) is their target demographic.

My wife and I even took one of their online marriage/communication classes with Natasha Helfer. I very highly recommend it as it opened up some good communication lines between my wife and I and help us uncover a few things we both wanted to change.

Allan and Kattie are great at what they do.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack

græy

Post by græy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:33 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:41 pm
I think the name of the podcast has sort of kept me from being too interested. A tightrope assumes that your marriage is something that is in critical danger of falling to its death from the tiniest misstep or nudge. I think of my marriage as two people walking hand-in-hand on a pedestrian bridge with guard rails. Sure, one of us could jump off or push the other over the rail, but to do so they would have to care more about the voices of people shouting from either side of the bridge. To me it's those people who are walking tightropes. Their marriages couldn't endure what mine has. They are the ones who are in danger of losing their marriage to a puff of wind or a thrown stone.
Kattie addresses this in one of the first couple of episodes. Rather than focus on the danger of falling, they see it as intentional effort toward staying "on the rope" or together.
Well, I'm better than dirt! Ah, well... most kinds of dirt; not that fancy store-bought dirt; that stuff is loaded with nutrients. I can't compete with that stuff. -Moe Sizlack