I've lost it !!!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Mackman

I've lost it !!!!

Post by Mackman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Well it was bound to happen with a faith crisis that has been ongoing for several years , I've become agnostic! With all the crap going on in the world I have to question where is God why would he leave his children in a shifty world like this , is he even real ? IDK. Been a while since I posted have missed you all !

Angel

Re: I've lost it !!!!

Post by Angel » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:49 am

Mackman wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:52 pm
Well it was bound to happen with a faith crisis that has been ongoing for several years , I've become agnostic! With all the crap going on in the world I have to question where is God why would he leave his children in a shifty world like this , is he even real ? IDK. Been a while since I posted have missed you all !
There's quite less angst to chalk it all up to "it's just the laws of nature", than "abusive, absentee God".

Panspermia.org - something I appreciated. The new eternal afterlife = everything mixed back together in the universal melting pot - United in all things - and currently seeing us all as a mixture pulled from that melting pot. It's a new perspective for sure. Opposition in all things - no life without death.

Welcome to a new mindset :)
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 am

Or.... Maybe you've Found it!!!

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:47 pm

During my 1975-77 mission in Southern California there was a huge billboard campaign throughout LA county. It seemed like every 3rd or 4th billboard showed a smiling person proclaiming "I found it" with a phone number. :D It turned out to be an evangelical Christianity pitch. Naturally our mission answered with an unofficial pitch: "We never lost it." :roll:

Once in a while I ask myself would I be happier if I believed in the Church. When myself answers "can you be happier believing a lie?" I have to agree with myself. 8-)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

hmb

Post by hmb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:35 am

I lost it years ago. I went from being a 'TBM' to a 'wanna still be TBM' to 'clinging to whatever will keep me being a TBM' to being atheist. All of this in a very short period of time. The vengeful God always bothered me. Unconditional love, as long as... God became more like the mother in Mommie Dearest. Wrathful when not obedient. I tried to accept that this mortal life is only a pinpoint of time within the eternities. The bigger picture is what's important. But that all fell apart with the faith crisis/implosion. If God exists, we, his children, are expendable. We are throw-aways. He'll get a few worthy winners to glorify him, while the rest will hole up in a lesser kingdom. Since we know the next life is trouble free and filled with happiness and joy, God can't care two wits about those in the lower kingdoms, or he would have to be miserable.

Linked

Post by Linked » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:53 am

It's good to hear from you again Mackman!

My journey out of the church started with me "losing it". The world I lived in didn't jibe with what I was taught in church. Other explanations seemed more accurate for what I saw everyday. After years of uncomfortable cognitive dissonance I finally let myself consider that maybe the God everyone told me they "KNEW" was there might not be. It was a really freeing moment. The following years spent deconstructing what that meant about the prophet, and my parents, and Joseph Smith were painful.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:30 pm

slavereeno wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:39 am
Or.... Maybe you've Found it!!!
Finding reality can be quite shocking. :shock:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 pm

Mackman wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:52 pm
It's a tough spot. I've had some extremely difficult years in the past and one thing I'd hear often and I'd tell myself even more is that other people have had it far worse than me. It's not as comforting a thought as some think because it leads to other thoughts. If god didn't help those people, why would god help me? That realization that you're in it alone, that you're on the tightrope without a net. It's like finding out that prescription you've been taking is a placebo.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:51 pm

One way to look at it is that anything we can realistically call God is probably as far as possible from something you can paint on the ceiling of a chapel. God would be weird beyond human imagining. Anything remotely close to humans would just be an alien with good tech.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:34 am

Great point, Hagoth. Didn't Michelangelo believe in the Trinity?
I add the post scripts "God is Truth" and "God is Love" to my posts.
I think of God as a being and/or a concept/idea of pure truth andpure love.
Victor Hugo said, "there's nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."
It might appear as wordplay but if God is an idea or ideas, God can still be very powerful, no matter what Parley P. Pratt said. :roll:
As John Lennon said, "whatever gets you through the night, is alright, is alright." :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.