NOMference Eve Spring 2022

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

NOMference Eve Spring 2022

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:59 pm

You guys..... It's NOMference Eve!!!

I wonder what Rusty and pals are doing right now.... :D

For the new members of our ward, let me explain what NOMference is.

NOMference is our way of taking back Conference. I know lots of you will be stuck watching with TBM family. So come on over to NOM and we will have some fun. We will have a live thread for each session where we can freely express our thoughts about what is being said. (within NOM rules of course) :)

You can also join in NOMference games. Here is how to play:
Each speaker starts with a score of 0.
You can take away points if you hear something you don't like.
You can give them points if you hear something you do like. We usually try to stick with n Hogwarts house points range so like 5, 10 and 20s. But if you feel the need to go crazy, go for it. General NOMfrence is for YOU!!!

Tomorrow we will gather with our various coffee drinks on the relaxing beaches of NOM and wave at the people on the Good Ship Zion.
TheLordisattheHelm.png
TheLordisattheHelm.png (99.04 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Re: NOMference Eve Spring 2022

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Looking forward to Gen Con 1 of 2022.

I think you can watch General Conference live here:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bro ... mode=watch
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:43 am

I just don't think I can make myself do it at all this year. My esophagus gets raw from holding it down. But if I am in a position to overhear some of it I'll join the fun. Or maybe I'll just read the thread and not listen to the actual talks. I'm sure it would be more edifying!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

SincereInquirer

Post by SincereInquirer » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 am

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster I am going to be traveling for spring break so my family won't be able to tune in this year! I will look forward to reading everyone's commentary on the GC threads later.

Please give -100 to Neil Anderson right now because I know whatever he says will deserve it.

Happy Nomference all!
"I don't need the Mormon church to be true, I just need it to not be verifiably false." - something I read somewhere...(help me give proper citation credit if you know where this came from)

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:44 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:43 am
Or maybe I'll just read the thread and not listen to the actual talks. I'm sure it would be more edifying!
This is me.

My tooth enamel cannot withstand the sing-song-y / hypnotic "GA Voice" as they lie to me, staring at the camera with their fake smiles. It drives me absolutely nuts.

There are hobbies to be enjoyed, chores to be done, fertilizers to be applied, fluffy dogs to be played with, other apostates to drink bean infusion beverages with. You know: Actual edifying things...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:08 pm

I heard part of the last morning talk. I think it was Eye Ring. I thought it was very imperfection-shaming and demotivating in just about every way. Jesus is coming, you better get your a$$ in gear of suffer the consequences! Then this lady gets up to say the prayer and her first words are to thank God for the "cheerful optimism" of the session.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."