NOMference Womens Session 2022!!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
MoPag

Re: NOMference Womens Session 2022!!

Post by MoPag » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:43 pm

AdmiralHoldo wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:13 am
I missed this last night because I was actually doing something fun. How many men spoke and how many women spoke?
2 talks from very condescending and arrogant males
1 naively optimistic female who just got called.
1 one toxic patriarchy princess female.
1 female who has been thoroughly defeated from her years of service
and a really toxic video.

I'll probably revisit this session once I've had some distance from it and break it down some more. It was so cruel. Like unbelievably cruel, even for them.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:40 pm

You know, since so few people watch the Sat evening session, I think we should multiply the point count ……… by Renlund’s age ………. in days.

Just say’n.

I feel like it would be cheating for me to add points when I didn’t watch it, but I suspect MoPag’s outrage diminished her capacity to give him the number of minus points he deserves for telling women that their spiritual experiences don’t count at all, for dissing a Goddess, for telling women how to pray, and all his other crimes.

If I had been watching, I kind of knew what was coming because there was speculation the Renlund would talk on what he has been teaching at leadership training, I would have given him his minus 1,000 for being full of m.a.n. (M.A.N. Stands for male arrogant nonsense)

“We have no evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation.” Has he ever looked at a flower? I suspect a flower to be the handiwork of a woman. Rivers, mountains, the sky all painted by a woman. Maybe he did the engineering, you know, set up gravity, light, electricity, DNA, that kind of stuff. But She did the creating. She put it together, and did the color scheme. Has Renlund looked at his own anatomy? He was designed specifically to impregnate a female. I mean, certain parts had to go a certain place or it wouldn’t work. While a woman was designed to bare children. Men were created second, because their purpose is secondary. Men are the after thought, created second, because it wasn’t good for woman to be alone.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:51 am

alas wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:40 pm
“We have no evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation.”
That's a quote from his talk?

We have just as much evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation as we have that Heavenly Father participated in the creation.

It's an odd take. You could also say that there is no evidence that Heavenly Mother did not participate in the creation. It all comes down to the narrative you're trying to push and if you're approaching it with that quote you're trying to minimize Heavenly Mother's role.
We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
– Anais Nin

alas

Post by alas » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:14 am

nibbler wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:51 am
alas wrote:
“We have no evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation.”
That's a quote from his talk?

We have just as much evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation as we have that Heavenly Father participated in the creation.

It's an odd take. You could also say that there is no evidence that Heavenly Mother did not participate in the creation. It all comes down to the narrative you're trying to push and if you're approaching it with that quote you're trying to minimize Heavenly Mother's role.
I don’t know if it was in the talk, as I avoided it because I knew something was coming and don’t like to have an outburst in front of my sorta TBM DH. But it has been in his training meetings that he has been talking about HM. So, it is fair game as it it something he has said on the subject within the last few weeks.

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:56 am

SMH

No surprise here. The patriarchy in this church has no clue what women want or need. Going into a Women's session and trying to block connection and access to HM is not just ridiculous but it also is stupid if they want growth in the church or at least people to stay. Women (and men) are looking for more and they are finding less and less in this church. So crazy.

Once again, thank you to the Q15 for looking so Bat SH!t crazy that it helps confirm for my DW that she made the right choice for stepping away. Keep it up because she still struggles with sometimes doubting her decision. But this conference helped her feel like she made the right choice.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:51 pm

alas wrote:
You know, since so few people watch the Sat evening session, I think we should multiply the point count ……… by Renlund’s age ………. in days.

Just say’n.

I feel like it would be cheating for me to add points when I didn’t watch it, but I suspect MoPag’s outrage diminished her capacity to give him the number of minus points he deserves for telling women that their spiritual experiences don’t count at all, for dissing a Goddess, for telling women how to pray, and all his other crimes.

If I had been watching, I kind of knew what was coming because there was speculation the Renlund would talk on what he has been teaching at leadership training, I would have given him his minus 1,000 for being full of m.a.n. (M.A.N. Stands for male arrogant nonsense)

“We have no evidence that Heavenly Mother participated in the creation.” Has he ever looked at a flower? I suspect a flower to be the handiwork of a woman. Rivers, mountains, the sky all painted by a woman. Maybe he did the engineering, you know, set up gravity, light, electricity, DNA, that kind of stuff. But She did the creating. She put it together, and did the color scheme. Has Renlund looked at his own anatomy? He was designed specifically to impregnate a female. I mean, certain parts had to go a certain place or it wouldn’t work. While a woman was designed to bare children. Men were created second, because their purpose is secondary. Men are the after thought, created second, because it wasn’t good for woman to be alone.
Thank you Alas! I've never been so outraged or really just broken by a session of conference. Maybe because I haven't been to church in over 2 years. But they were so subtly malicious with every little thing in this session. It was truly shocking.
I liked this write up on the session:

https://www.the-exponent.com/president- ... xh66Alorzw

I think they are going to lose more people because of how they are dealing with HM than they realize.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

alas

Post by alas » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:09 pm

MoPag wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:51 pm
alas wrote:

Just say’n.

Thank you Alas! I've never been so outraged or really just broken by a session of conference. Maybe because I haven't been to church in over 2 years. But they were so subtly malicious with every little thing in this session. It was truly shocking.
I liked this write up on the session:

https://www.the-exponent.com/president- ... xh66Alorzw

I think they are going to lose more people because of how they are dealing with HM than they realize.
I comment over there by my non-NOM name of Anna.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:17 pm

I’m completely saddened by what I’m reading. Syster Ryder said the women’s session was fantastic!

I’m amazed at the differences in enjoyment. She doesn’t see the dark side of the church male leadership.

MoPag, you have my internet hugs!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:26 am

I think it is both a matter of once you see it, you can’t unsee it, and once you stop seeing the problem as “me” and start seeing it as “them”, you start objecting to the abuse. It changes from being, “oh, this is so inspirational, and I really need to repent” to, “what about what I need? I get tired of everything being about you, you you you.” When you think they speak for God, you don’t see how it is all about what makes them comfortable and happy. But talk about a female God, equal to a male God, and above them, makes them squirm. They don’t like the idea of anything female being above them in the hierarchy. So, they beat up on the women who really need that female God. Telling us that we are inspired by Satan because we don’t tremble in fear of their need to be right, is abuse. Telling women who choose not to have ten kids because they just can’t afford it in today’s economy, that they are inspired by Satan is abuse. Saying we are “demanding” that they get inspiration because we try to ask, is abusive. We have every right to ask for what we need and if they are half the prophets they claim to be they would be praying on women’s behalf. What they are demonstrating but not admitting is that they are incapable of inspiration and they know it. They are scared little boys pounding on their chests and screaming, “My God is bigger than your God, and he can beat up your God.” Oh, wow, I am underwhelmed. I don’t care about their poor little egos.

For so many years my only “prayers” to God were telling him that I hated him and everything he stood for, because he hadn’t protected me when I needed it and he hadn’t comforted me when I needed it and everything I saw at church told me I was worthless and my father was the only person in our family God cared about.

Then my Mother in Heaven or whatever God is the real God did comfort me, telling me to see the church leaders for what they were. And suddenly I saw Boyd little boy Packer yelling that the Holy Ghost was Male! Male! Male! Male! And saying that intellectuals and feminists and gays were enemies. What? People who want the truth are enemies? People who want to be treated like people are enemies? I saw Hinckley lie. I saw him pretend all the women in the church were perfectly happy and excommunicating a woman who gathered up stories, mostly from women who were not happy with being abused by priesthood leaders.