Truth & Transparency (formerly Mormon Leaks) is shutting down

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Red Ryder

Truth & Transparency (formerly Mormon Leaks) is shutting down

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:29 pm

Looks like Truth & Transparency formerly known as Mormon Leaks and Faith Leaks is shutting down after one last story.

Ryan and Ethan both endured a lawsuit with the JW’s and had to settle. Both also endured financial hardship and Ethan’s wife had a cycling accident.

It’s a shame that religious organizations with billions of dollars can squash the efforts to bring bad things to light.

https://www.truthandtransparency.org/p ... hereafter/

I think we all owe Ryan and Ethan a big thank you for their efforts. A temple movie producer is in currently in jail because of their efforts.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Re: Truth & Transparency (formerly Mormon Leaks) is shutting down

Post by wtfluff » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:33 am

:cry:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

stuck

Post by stuck » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:52 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:29 pm

Ryan and Ethan both endured a lawsuit with the JW’s and had to settle. Both also endured financial hardship and Ethan’s wife had a cycling accident.

I think we all owe Ryan and Ethan a big thank you for their efforts. A temple movie producer is in currently in jail because of their efforts.
Did they also post info on the JW's? That is interesting if that's the case.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:11 am

stuck wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:52 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:29 pm

Did they also post info on the JW's? That is interesting if that's the case.
From what I could tell, they did and then got sued. Due to a lack of funds, they settled and had to remove the documents that were “owned” by the JW’s.

Looking at their financial statements it looked like legal fees were $25K.

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:25 am

And here is their final story on the Mormon church's insane real estate holdings:

https://www.truthandtransparency.org/ne ... -suggests/

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:14 pm

jfro18 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:25 am
And here is their final story on the Mormon church's insane real estate holdings:

So the church owns a ton of land.

I was hoping for something a bit more scandalous.

Mormorrisey

Post by Mormorrisey » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:19 pm

That is a shame, as was the lawsuit that shut them down. The big problem is, I think it simply made the church retrench in its refusal to be transparent, and make it more difficult for whistleblowers to find them out. That's not Ryan and Ethan's fault at all, but it is the unfortunate result.

I sure wish them well in the future, and feel rather sad that we might not ever find out what's really going on behind the curtain. At least not in my lifetime.
"And I don't need you...or, your homespun philosophies."
"And when you try to break my spirit, it won't work, because there's nothing left to break."

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:14 pm
So the church owns a ton of land.

I was hoping for something a bit more scandalous.
Yeah I was underwhelmed too. We already knew they owned a crapton of land that was worth many billions, so this was interesting but nothing shocking. It's also limited to the US which is not surprising given how hard it is to get this kind of info, but it's just one piece of the puzzle.

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:34 pm

This just shows what lengths the tscc will go to to shutdown ANY opposition !!! It's like the KGB or Gestapo . Their stance is that the truth must Never be revealed!!! Hope they are reading this because here is a big Middle finger 🖕 to them !!

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 pm

They had one story left:

The Church formerly known as Mormon (before they went into camouflage mode) has the most valuable private real estate portfolio in the US.

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:42 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 pm
They had one story left:

The Church formerly known as Mormon (before they went into camouflage mode) has the most valuable private real estate portfolio in the US.

Damn!!! That's a lot of land. What kind or retail stuff are they doing in Vegas tho?
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:23 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:42 pm

Damn!!! That's a lot of land. What kind or retail stuff are they doing in Vegas tho?
One of the listed retail properties was a Deseret Industries.
4655 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121

One is Victoria’s Sacred, a posh retail outlet for second hand garments. Can’t sell them at DI, right?

One is Moroni’s Discount Musical Instruments. Where they rent musical instruments to school age Mormon children. Rent 7 musical instruments, get the eighth free! Perfect for Mormon families everywhere! Currently out of trumpets for the remainder of the school year.

Another property is a fro yo but it appears to be only open on Monday and Wednesday nights. And two Saturdays every six months. April and October??

Another property appears to be a Coke bottling plant? Or so rumor has it? Perhaps it’s an emergency cannery of sorts? For Mormon preppers, Republicans, and visitors from Idaho.

Another property owned by the church is a building that appears to be rented by Babies-R-Us? With a special section for white dresses and little white suits.

The last property I can see is a anti-tanning salon that’s been out of business since President Kimball died called White and Delightsome.

Yup, they own a few parking lots too.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:10 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:23 pm
The last property I can see is a anti-tanning salon that’s been out of business since President Kimball died called White and Delightsome.
Dude, you should do standup.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:04 am

Mrs. Hagoth told me she read that the death blow came on the form of a preemptive lawsuit by the Jehovah's Witnesses, even though Truth & Transparency hadn't leaked anything about them. I guess they were doing the Disney thing of suing the little guy out of existence just in case he might pose a future threat? Anybody else hear about this?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:39 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:04 am
I guess they were doing the Disney thing of suing the little guy out of existence just in case he might pose a future threat? Anybody else hear about this?
Was it done as a favor for the LDS Church?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:34 am

Hagoth wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:04 am
Mrs. Hagoth told me she read that the death blow came on the form of a preemptive lawsuit by the Jehovah's Witnesses, even though Truth & Transparency hadn't leaked anything about them. I guess they were doing the Disney thing of suing the little guy out of existence just in case he might pose a future threat? Anybody else hear about this?
Truth & Transparency published videos that were produced by Watch Tower:

https://www.truthandtransparency.org/pr ... ensorship/

Watch Tower sued Truth & Transparency for copyright infringement, even though the videos were originally free.

Truth & Transparency basically couldn't "afford" to defend / fight the lawsuit and had to settle, which is one reason why they're shutting down
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:25 am

I could see a countersuit on behalf of Turtles for Truth. Sue those JWs for Tortoise Interference.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:10 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:23 pm
MoPag wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:42 pm

One of the listed retail properties was a Deseret Industries.
4655 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121

One is Victoria’s Sacred, a posh retail outlet for second hand garments. Can’t sell them at DI, right?

One is Moroni’s Discount Musical Instruments. Where they rent musical instruments to school age Mormon children. Rent 7 musical instruments, get the eighth free! Perfect for Mormon families everywhere! Currently out of trumpets for the remainder of the school year.

Another property is a fro yo but it appears to be only open on Monday and Wednesday nights. And two Saturdays every six months. April and October??

Another property appears to be a Coke bottling plant? Or so rumor has it? Perhaps it’s an emergency cannery of sorts? For Mormon preppers, Republicans, and visitors from Idaho.

Another property owned by the church is a building that appears to be rented by Babies-R-Us? With a special section for white dresses and little white suits.

Yup, they own a few parking lots too.

I can't stop laughing at these!!! :lol: :lol:
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound