When did Zion stop being the goal? Maybe 1924

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
2bizE

When did Zion stop being the goal? Maybe 1924

Post by 2bizE » Fri May 06, 2022 12:33 pm

When did the church stop seeking Zion and change its priorities? In a KSL article out today, it talks about broadcast news. In salt lake, KSL started as KZN, which translates to KZion. In 1924 it rebranded as KSL ….is this when the goal of Zion may be been abandoned?

“Broadcast news hit Utah by storm with KZN (rebranding to KSL in 1924) and KDYL (rebranding to KCPX) in May 1922. “

https://www.ksl.com/article/50399617/ho ... -years-ago
~2bizE

Hagoth

Re: When did Zion stop being the goal? Maybe 1924

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 08, 2022 7:37 am

I'm surprised they didn't go back and modify the scriptures to make it look the the church's goal was to establish KSL in thesethelatterdays. Or Zions Bank.

I'm not sure whether Brigham was really on board with the Zion in Missouri thing, or if it was just lip service to maintain the impression that he was still a firm believer in Joseph.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."