Happy Day, Nommie Mommies!

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Hagoth

Happy Day, Nommie Mommies!

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 am

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: Happy Day, Nommie Mommies!

Post by moksha » Sun May 08, 2022 9:18 am

Happy Mother's Day!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Sun May 08, 2022 11:21 am

Happy Mother’s Day to all the brave Nommies.
~2bizE

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there - I hope you're all having a great, relaxing day!

And for anyone who has a tough time on Mother's Day I'm definitely thinking of you today as well!

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon May 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Mother's day is a much happier affair outside the church ❤ no guilt trips, unrealistic expectations. I had forgotten what a depressing triggering holiday it was until the posts started rolling in. I did cry a few tears - missing those now gone, and out of town, but it was a good day :)
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Tue May 10, 2022 6:39 am

Sunday, DW was talking about how much she hated Mother's Day services when we were TBMs. There is so little materail for speakers to work from that you could make drinking game out of Sacrament meeting.

2,000 stripling warriors? Take a shot.
Vague allusion to heavenly mother? Take a shot.
Mary, the mother of Jesus? Take a shot.
Emma Smith? Take a shot.

That is 75% of the talks on Mother's Day. The ones that are actually descent are the 25% where people talk about their own experiences and family.

Mother's Day is so much better now that we are out. We slept in. I made Latte's and chocolate chip french toast. It was a dry, sunny day where we visited a couple friends and the horses. After the week we had (days and days of rain and having to put our dog down), it was a very nice way to try to regain some normality.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams