Meaning of bird on Moroni picture?

This is for encouragement, ideas, and support for people going through a faith transition no matter where you hope to end up. This is also the place to laugh, cry, and love together.
Advocate

Meaning of bird on Moroni picture?

Post by Advocate » Tue May 17, 2022 7:37 am

I noticed a member in my ward has an unusual photo of their family. They have the photo below posted as their family photo that shows in the ward directory.

I don't know this family, but they are at church every week and have given talks so they seem to be active and believing. Does anyone know if there is a special meaning to the bird on the Moroni statue? Or maybe just their family being goofy (they don't come off that way, but who knows)?

Red Ryder

Re: Meaning of bird on Moroni picture?

Post by Red Ryder » Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 am

Isn’t that Moksha’s cousin?

I vote goofy picture because they don’t want an actual family pic on the church tools.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Tue May 17, 2022 10:02 am

Well, I just let my visiting whatever have my phone number, but told her I don’t want it in the ward directory. So, I vote they don’t want a family picture up, and thought that was cute.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun May 22, 2022 11:02 am

It's not a bald eagle, but maybe it's a conservative-ish political-ish statement?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun May 22, 2022 2:40 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 11:02 am
It's not a bald eagle, but maybe it's a conservative-ish political-ish statement?
Is it a Red Tailed Hawk?

Maybe MORONi is a University of Utah fan?

Oh, the HORROR!!!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

SincereInquirer

Post by SincereInquirer » Mon May 23, 2022 11:04 am

Is that spike going into Moroni's head normal? Or is it just a lightning rod that is normally there, but edited out of every other picture of golden boy Moroni posted by the Mormon church?
"I don't need the Mormon church to be true, I just need it to not be verifiably false." - something I read somewhere...(help me give proper citation credit if you know where this came from)

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:44 am

I don't know, but I'm really hoping that on the next temple they'll include an animatronic Moroni who lifts his trumpet every hour on the hour to blast the time.